Samsung s8500 WAVE to use as gps device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung s8500 WAVE to use as gps device

Hi guys! May I ask if samsung wave can be use as a gps device here in the philippines?If yes, how? Thank you!

Here is the specs of the unit:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_s8500_wave-3146.php

yup, you should be able to use its gps functions here in the ph. samsung mobile navigator is basically a re-branded mobile xt so just browse/search around the forum regarding mobile xt.
    got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I hope you can help me, I am a little confused here.

As per the garmin website that I looked, http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/sit...iew#fragment-3, there's no available philippine map.

In this link:http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...t=010-10844-00

mobile xt is only available on symbian phones and not to bada os.

Comment

afaik, samsung mobile navigator comes pre-installed on the phone. it's most likely a trial version though...

as for the ph map, you can download one from this thread. check out the how-to sub-forum if you need more info with regards to installation, needed programs, etc.

Comment

thank you! I will try it once I bought the phone.I really want to try the gps feature of samsung.

Comment

hmmm... since you don't have the phone pa pala, i gotta warn you. samsung mobile navigator has alreaby been discontinued by garmin so if it does come with the phone as a trial version, you're gonna be stuck with that. you'll also be limited to gps apps that's compatible with the bada os or java lang.

as of now, the roadguide ph map is compatible with garmin apps and devices only.

Comment

I see, how about android based phones? will the roadguide ph map work with it?

Comment

garmin has already discontinued mobilext so you'll have to buy one of garmin's gps-enabled phone if you want to use their software along with the roadguide ph map.

Comment

A friend of mine also has a Samsung Wave and because I told him that I got my i780 GPS features working, he was comparing his unit to mine.

He uses Route 66 which I understand is free for Wave users, he also downloaded a Philippine Map, free as well. The thing is, I don't think they are compatible with our RG map. I tried to search for a Garmin Alternative software, but because Bada (the OS of wave) is new, I don't think Garmin made any for it, plus Garmin is now only supporting their own GPS phone plus the Blackberry version.

Please post or PM me if you find a solution that will allow you to use RG with your Wave, so I can invite my friend to join RG

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                    A friend of mine also has a Samsung Wave and because I told him that I got my i780 GPS features working, he was comparing his unit to mine.

He uses Route 66 which I understand is free for Wave users, he also downloaded a Philippine Map, free as well. The thing is, I don't think they are compatible with our RG map. I tried to search for a Garmin Alternative software, but because Bada (the OS of wave) is new, I don't think Garmin made any for it, plus Garmin is now only supporting their own GPS phone plus the Blackberry version.

Please post or PM me if you find a solution that will allow you to use RG with your Wave, so I can invite my friend to join RG

TTFN
                    Arvin
                    usable or not, just invite your friend to join
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I did! but he would have more incentive if he was able to use even just the free map at first. As it is, Route 66, at least the one that he has does not even have way to record tracks.

What he will get from me though is a ribbing to get him to possibly get a Garmin unit that is compatible with our RG map

TTFN
                      ARvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                        is this applicable to WAVE 5253? unlike the wave 8500, mine doesnt have the samsung mobile navigator installed.

OT:
                        Sir could you direct me to where your friend got the route 66 navigator and maps. tia.

-wel

Comment

Hi guys! May I ask if samsung wave can be use as a gps device here in the philippines?If yes, how? Thank you!
                          papago m7 for wave (bada) is now avilable in singapore and taiwan though its not yet available here in phil.

Comment

Wel,

My friend downloaded Route 66 from the apps store of the Wave if I remember correctly. The thing is that the map is not as great, and only covers Metro Manila.

Samsung Mobile Navigator is based on the Garmin Mobile XT and will not work on Bada in my opinion.

Elkabong, I wonder why that is, available in Singapore but not yet in Philippines, when Papago already have the Philippine map anyway!

TTFN
                            Arvin

Comment

i check samsung application dowloader thru kies and yes there is singapore map + papago m7 sold for only Php660 while taiwan version is offered for free.

Comment

Working...
                              X