Uoload maps using Samsung Omnia Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uoload maps using Samsung Omnia Light

Hi, newbie here. In our place, only the provincial road and major hi-ways @ cities are mapped. There's no road guide or data on many municipal roads and barangay roads. Since I'm always traveling, I might as well contribute. My question is that I'm using a nuvi 360 as my primary GPS and it cannot record 1sec track so it's no use in collecting datas. I also have a Samsung Omnia Lite. I seldom use this unit (Only in diving where my nuvi can't be used). I only install google in it. My question is, What software do i need to collect the data (waypoints, street name, etc...). If this is possible, can anyone guide me thru this? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Glock27; 08-30-2010, 15:37.

for non existing tracks on the map, you can submit the ordinary nuvi track.
    with nuvi 360 you can save the waypoint and submit them
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

how can i save track using nuvi360?

Comment

if you say your 360 can't record 1s tracks (have you checked the Nuvi 1s track feature sticky?), try installing GPS Sport Tracker or WeTravel on your Omnia to save 1s tracks - but new roads don't need to be 1s tracks anyway that's why hbt said you can use your normal trip log.
        just curious, why can't you use the 360 while driving?
        ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

if you say your 360 can't record 1s tracks (have you checked the Nuvi 1s track feature sticky?)
          Yup, done that. I've started a thread about 1sec track in 360 and they all said that it's not possible. Maybe I'll try sports Tracker.

I'll be using it for municipal and barangay roads.

Can you please further explain what you mean by "normal trip log"? Is this feature available in nuvi360? how? does this mean that I'll be using Waypoints to determine the point from "A" to "B" and named it as a street name? I'm still learning about this GPS thing.

just curious, why can't you use the 360 while driving?
          I used my omnia for DIVING because I haven't yet have the time to transfer my coordinates from google map on my omnia to the nuvi and I'm still not sure if the nuvi would work on ocean.

Thanks for the help

Comment

to transfer ordinary nuvi tracks, just plug your nuvi to the computer/open mapsource/ click receive from device/ check tracks,waypoins,routes/ click send.

and you will see the tracks on the mapsource.

try to upload the tracks here first or if you want upload it straight t the tracks upload area and lets see if we can use it.
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Glock27 View Post
              I'll be using it for municipal and barangay roads.

Can you please further explain what you mean by "normal trip log"? Is this feature available in nuvi360? how? does this mean that I'll be using Waypoints to determine the point from "A" to "B" and named it as a street name? I'm still learning about this GPS thing.
              If the the municipal and barangay roads are not yet in the map, you can use your normal "trip log". I'm not familiar with your unit but I'm guessing your unit would still be recording a track log (in my 765, to view this track log on your screen, you gotta go to Tools -> Settings -> Map and then Hide or Unhide "Trip Log", in essence trip log = track log albeit it's not as high res as a 1s track) which you could DL to MS as per HBT's instructions. They'll come out as something like "active..." in your MS's tracks list display.
              Originally posted by Glock27
              I used my omnia for DIVING...
              sigh... signs of the times?
              Anyway I suppose what you meant was you use your omnia to navigate you to your dive spot?
              Originally posted by Glock27
              ...I haven't yet have the time to transfer my coordinates from google map on my omnia to the nuvi and I'm still not sure if the nuvi would work on ocean.
              It will. But of course it won't show you anything else except some blue tile if you're zoomed in too close or nothing at all if your dive spots are off the map tiles. I often track my trips to and fro offshore installations to show relatives and friends where I've been using my 765.

HTH

PS: GPS Sport Tracker
              ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

I read your first post again and it looks like I missed out more than just an "r".
                Originally posted by Glock27 View Post
                ...I also have a Samsung Omnia Lite...I only install google in it. My question is, What software do i need to collect the data (waypoints, street name, etc...). If this is possible, can anyone guide me thru this? Thanks in advance.
                If Omnia Lite's OS is like the Omnia's, which is WM, then you could use Garmin MobileXT paired with the RGPh map to navigate and save your data (waypoints, etc.).
                HTH

Comment

to transfer ordinary nuvi tracks, just plug your nuvi to the computer/open mapsource/ click receive from device/ check tracks,waypoins,routes/ click send.

and you will see the tracks on the mapsource.

try to upload the tracks here first or if you want upload it straight t the tracks upload area and lets see if we can use it.
                  I don't think 360 is capable of track feature.

If the the municipal and barangay roads are not yet in the map, you can use your normal "trip log". I'm not familiar with your unit but I'm guessing your unit would still be recording a track log (in my 765, to view this track log on your screen, you gotta go to Tools -> Settings -> Map and then Hide or Unhide "Trip Log", in essence trip log = track log albeit it's not as high res as a 1s track) which you could DL to MS as per HBT's instructions. They'll come out as something like "active..." in your MS's tracks list display.
                  360 only got:
                  Tools/map: Map detail, map view, map outlines, vehicle and lastly map info. this s all the function in this window.

If Omnia Lite's OS is like the Omnia's, which is WM, then you could use Garmin MobileXT paired with the RGPh map to navigate and save your data (waypoints, etc.).
                  yup. WM 6.5. I'll try to look for that software and map.

Thank you very much for your time.

Comment

Working...
                  X