Papago M6 for iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papago M6 for iPhone

Hi guys, been quite satisfied with my iphone 4's battery lately so I have been planning to get the papago m6 app on itunes for my iphone 4.

I have backread with alot of threads about these but none seem to answer some of the questions I have:

If someone would be able to help me, I would really appreciate it.

1.) does it work with the iphone 4 (ios4)? as per one review in the appstore, it doesn't work with ios4. (but that was july 17, app was updated july 20)

2.) My car is on Vkool all around. when I was using my garmin before, it "had" to be the high frequency variant. epass does not work on my car. would it have a hard time with my iphone 4?

3.) I recently just bought a car charger so am not TOO worried, but does it really drain it that badly? as per one of the posts here, 90% to 10% in 1 hour on an iphone 3g. thats horrendous. but how about the iphone 4? (I have felt considerably good battery life on the new hardware.

4.) where did you buy your car kit locally?

Hi Sherwin,

I am not a Papago user, but may I suggest that you contact Papago directly about your concern with the OS4. Though a quick look through itunes indicated that the OS is for OS3 or Later... which means OS4 should work with M6

http://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/papag...365885735?mt=8

http://iphone.papago.com.tw/index.htm official Papago website where you can download the user's manual if you like and check it out first.

I am curious what you mean by it "had" to be the high frequency variant, I am not sure but I don't think there are different frequencies used for GPS, if ther was, I imagine it would make many GPSrs incompatible with the GPS signals.

In any case if Epass and Garmin has problems, almost sure that your iphone will have a problem with your V cool tint. The iphone is not a dedicated GPS receiver, so I imagine it won't be as good as a dedicated unit like a Garmin GPS receiver for example.

Good luck!

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

even dedicated GPS receiver are having problem with vcool
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by sherwink20 View Post
        Hi guys, been quite satisfied with my iphone 4's battery lately so I have been planning to get the papago m6 app on itunes for my iphone 4.

I have backread with alot of threads about these but none seem to answer some of the questions I have:

If someone would be able to help me, I would really appreciate it.

1.) does it work with the iphone 4 (ios4)? as per one review in the appstore, it doesn't work with ios4. (but that was july 17, app was updated july 20)

2.) My car is on Vkool all around. when I was using my garmin before, it "had" to be the high frequency variant. epass does not work on my car. would it have a hard time with my iphone 4?

3.) I recently just bought a car charger so am not TOO worried, but does it really drain it that badly? as per one of the posts here, 90% to 10% in 1 hour on an iphone 3g. thats horrendous. but how about the iphone 4? (I have felt considerably good battery life on the new hardware.

4.) where did you buy your car kit locally?
        Hi there, the guys from Magellan sell a GPS case for the iphone (not sure if it fits the iphone 4 though). This may solve your battery and GPS acquisition issues as it comes with a battery pack and a built-in receiver that's supposed to increase accuracy by 3-5 meters. It's pretty steep though at $179.99. But if you want to enhance your gps accuracy, solve your battery issues, and have a waterproof case as well, this might be for you.
        The more you ignore me, the closer I get...

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

appreciate it.

I don't remember the exact garmin model I had before, but when I was buying (and testing) there were 2 different models, one had better frequency than the other (faster to get my location)

as per the seller it was one of the features.

Comment

Nice device that Magellan case, but I still have doubts that it will be able to get through V cool. Best bet against Vcool? Hard wired external GPS antenna. I was going to say bluetooth external Antenna, but I'm not sure if Bluetooth will go through Vcool, probably not that good at as well.

Sorry still not sure about the two different models of Garmins you mentioned. But if the one you got actually worked through Vcool, then there is hope yet

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
              even dedicated GPS receiver are having problem with vcool
              My subie has vkool. I was advised to get an external antenna for my gps. Working well with it. I've googled about it and gps signals are partially blocked by tint with metallic particles.

Comment

hmmm question:

Was searching a place a while ago and was kinda lost. activated my "maps' app. and pressed the locational service, natrace naman ako and i was "moving" in the maps app.

Does this prove na umaabot naman ang GPS signal? ang mahal kasi just to buy the app and then potentially di gumana eh haha!

Comment

Originally posted by sherwink20 View Post
                  hmmm question:

Was searching a place a while ago and was kinda lost. activated my "maps' app. and pressed the locational service, natrace naman ako and i was "moving" in the maps app.

Does this prove na umaabot naman ang GPS signal? ang mahal kasi just to buy the app and then potentially di gumana eh haha!
                  Perhaps you can try other GPS programs first. MotionX is a pretty good app, and the lite version is free. Navit is my current fave, although a bit limited its acquisition time is super fast and you can run Garmin and OSM maps on it as well. Its not for the faint hearted though.

If you can get a good signal using these apps, then chances are Papago will be fine as well.
                  Last edited by LR-7; 09-23-2010, 09:15. Reason: changed it's to its
                  The more you ignore me, the closer I get...

Comment

Originally posted by LR-7 View Post
                    Navit is my current fave, although a bit limited its acquisition time is super fast and you can run Garmin and OSM maps on it as well. Its not for the faint hearted though.
                    Ano yung NAVIT? IPhone App? Tried searching pero di ko sya makita... hehe..
                    Also, how do i ran garmin maps on those apps? Is there a guide somewhere?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dhageuk View Post
                      Ano yung NAVIT? IPhone App? Tried searching pero di ko sya makita... hehe..
                      Also, how do i ran garmin maps on those apps? Is there a guide somewhere?

Thanks.
                      english pls. lots of foreign audience here. thank you.
                      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

dhageuk,

Please visit here: Roadguide Forum NAVIT

As Sir Reijii mentioned, please post in English so that non-Tagalog/Pilipino speaking members will understand and help you out, it's forum policy.

TTFN
                        Arvin

Comment

Been using Papago since my iphone 3g days. Now I have upgraded to the iphone 4 and have had no issues at all. Im running on iOS 4.1.

In fact Papago released the latest build/update yesterday which apparently includes the latest map and bug fixes. So far so good. I think the app is also on sale now for only $29.99. Got it way back for $39.99 so now's a good time!

Any gps app on an iphone is a sure battery hog so a car charger would come in handy.

Comment

Btw, the iphone 4's gps antennae is light years better than that of the 3g's. I get sattelite locks in a matter of seconds and phone doesn't have to be fully exposed by the windshield or windows. In fact I just place it right on top of my fortuner's steering column right in front of the speedometer. :-)

Comment

can i input house numbers?
                              any feedback on the POIs?

Comment

Working...
                              X