Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i use my waypoints from may garmin to my garmin XT? =)

Comment

Originally posted by airc View Post
      can i use my waypoints from may garmin to my garmin XT? =)
      yes via mapsource

Comment

Recording

Hey newbie here Would it be possible to record an unverified road using MobileXT? Im going to laguna province tomorrow for some sight seeing and i see that only few information are available. Would be more than happy to contribute

Comment

Hello PaoloMerchand, welcome to RG.Ph.

Firstly, it would be much appreciated if you don't double post.

Second, as I don't have my Omnia with me right now, and I only have my E90, I am guessing it should be the same: go to manadage data->tracks->options->turn track recording on and then use "most often". For added measure, make sure to turn off "stick to road".

Lastly, as a reminder, do verify your contribution with the latest DEMO map before uploading.

HTH
          ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Originally posted by PaoloMerchand View Post
            Hey newbie here Would it be possible to record an unverified road using MobileXT? Im going to laguna province tomorrow for some sight seeing and i see that only few information are available. Would be more than happy to contribute
            if your question is how to do it, then read sir b2bomber's post above. and in addition to that stated above, choose these options:
            recording mode > wrap when full
            recording interval > most often
            if you want that you see your recorded tracks, then enable "show active track on map"
            and most important setting of all go to TOOLS > SETTINGS > MAP > SHOW LOCATION = AT GPS LOCATION (same with the turning off the stick to road feature)

and if your question is you referring to the unverified road reflected in the mapsource, and you are asking if non 1-sec tracks recorded by GMXT are acceptable in verifying an unverified road? if yes, then it won't hurt if you record tracks for it while passing there. imho, it would be better if an unverified road is verified even though it is by a non 1-sec track, rather than not verified at all.
            Last edited by doki; 04-14-2010, 06:09.

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
              if your question is how to do it, then read sir b2bomber's post above. and in addition to that stated above, choose these options:
              recording mode > wrap when full
              recording interval > most often
              if you want that you see your recorded tracks, then enable "show active track on map"
              and most important setting of all go to TOOLS > SETTINGS > MAP > SHOW LOCATION = AT GPS LOCATION (same with the turning off the stick to road feature)

and if your question is you referring to the unverified road reflected in the mapsource, and you are asking if non 1-sec tracks recorded by GMXT are acceptable in verifying an unverified road? if yes, then it won't hurt if you record tracks for it while passing there. imho, it would be better if an unverified road is verified even though it is by a non 1-sec track, rather than not verified at all.

Ohright, thanks for the info. BTW, what does "1-sec" means? I was able to record my track from Manila to San Pablo Laguna but the only problem is that i don't know how to save a POI using my MobileXT - and right now, I uploaded my track to mapsource but with no POI or Waypoint

Comment

Ohright, thanks for the info. BTW, what does "1-sec" means? I was able to record my track from Manila to San Pablo Laguna but the only problem is that i don't know how to save a POI using my MobileXT - and right now, I uploaded my track to mapsource but with no POI or Waypoint
                to understand more on POI's / Waypoints read this http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1006

1-sec tracks > leg time of each point of your tracks are all 1 sec (double click your active track in mapsource to see it)

how to save waypoint in omnia gmxt?
                2 ways i use.
                1. TOOLS > WHERE AM I? > SAVE (edit name)
                2. VIEW MAP > tap your car icon > top view (2D) map appears with SAVE option at the bottom, then save. although be careful in pressing the screen because if you press it again and an arrow appears, then when you press the save, the area where the arrow is located is saved and not your actual location. This method will automatically save your locations by number (My Location, My Location 02, My Location 03, etc.) and will not be prompted to edit the name. have a pen and paper ready to write the corresponding name of the waypoint, or use your voice recorder to make things faster.
                your "My Locations" will be seen in TOOLS > MANAGE MY DATA > MY LOCATIONS
                In transferring waypoints, check the waypoint box during transfer.
                HTH.
                Last edited by doki; 04-14-2010, 14:54.

Comment

Where to get the v1.13 map?

Comment

Garmin XT Turn by Turn Voice Navigation

Helo,

Could anyone help me how to activate turn by turn voice navigation on my garmin mobile XT using my samsung i900 phone? I edited the map using MapEdit and cGPSmapper but after i saved my corrections on my working map, the voice guide is no longer working.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by denzign View Post
                      Helo,

Could anyone help me how to activate turn by turn voice navigation on my garmin mobile XT using my samsung i900 phone? I edited the map using MapEdit and cGPSmapper but after i saved my corrections on my working map, the voice guide is no longer working.

Thanks

Good day denzign,

Your edited map will not have any routing data unless you use the routable version of cgpsmapper, hence you won't be able to have turn by turn navigation.

It would be better if you concentrate on making contributions so you can get the contributors version of the roadguide map as it is so far the best there is.
                      I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Where to get the v1.13 map?

Hi Paolo,

1.13 map is not out as of the moment. What we have now is 1.12, you can get it here http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17
                        I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

1.13 version hasn't been released despite the upload threads already accepting entries for 1.14 for a few days now.

Hmmmmm.... Are you guys working on a surprise major feature addition? I'm excited!

57/105
                          Certified Roadguide.ph Addict

Comment

Help

I can recieve and edit waypoints by opening the gpx file but Im having trouble uploading edited waypoints from mapsource to my unit, it says data has been sent but i cant find the uploaded waypoints on my gps, i also tried replacing the gpx file but that doesn't work either

I tried using garmins POI loader but the files are saved in Custom POIs and dosent show up on the map unless i save them one by one to My Locations, a very tedious process

btw i run on GMXT version5

Comment

Originally posted by Apex View Post
                              btw i run on GMXT version5
                              ... on what platform? symbian? UIQ? win CE? Reason i'm asking is only symbian has that feature where you can import/export gpx files from XT

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                                ... on what platform? symbian? UIQ? win CE? Reason i'm asking is only symbian has that feature where you can import/export gpx files from XT
                                My unit runs on Win CE5

Comment

Working...
                                X