X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apex View Post
    My unit runs on Win CE5
    afraid there's no import/export data from Mapsource to XT and vice versa support in win ce...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      afraid there's no import/export data from Mapsource to XT and vice versa support in win ce...
      Thanks for the reply, i guess ill just have to live with it,

Comment

whatabout WM6.1? I could send the map to my GMXT, but I can't upload to Mapsource 6.15.7 my tracks and waypoints. It always says it my "GPSr" doesn't contain any tracks/waypoints.
        ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Originally posted by B2Bomber View Post
          whatabout WM6.1? I could send the map to my GMXT, but I can't upload to Mapsource 6.15.7 my tracks and waypoints. It always says it my "GPSr" doesn't contain any tracks/waypoints.
          import/export of waypoints/tracks/routes feature is found only in symbian XT and not for the other OS. If you noticed, it's only symbian that is constantly being updated by Garmin, maybe because there are more cps' running on symbian than any of the other OS...

Comment

Multiple Maps on GMXT

Would it be possible to install two maps, Roadguide and OSM and switch between the two if needed? If yes then how?

I could see the Basemap and Roadguide maps installed as separate files on the SD Card but when i tried installing OSM it always overwrites the Roadguide map

TIA

Comment

Would it be possible to install two maps, Roadguide and OSM and switch between the two if needed? If yes then how?

I could see the Basemap and Roadguide maps installed as separate files on the SD Card but when i tried installing OSM it always overwrites the Roadguide map

TIA
              Yes, select both maps in Mapsource using the map tool then send to device. In your device, you can select/deselect any of those two maps as you please (go to Tools/Manage My Data/Map Sets/Mapsource)... HTH

Comment

Borgie

Thanks, ive just succesfully loaded the two maps, i noticed that you could select the two maps at the same time, does this mean that both maps show up at the same time? ovelapping each other? would it be advisable to turn the 2 maps on simultaneously?

Comment

I've been using GXT on my ipaq and it's working excellent. It connect to GPS quickly in less 10secs. using Quick GPS connect software and it updates the files for every 2days & 3hrs. expiration and automaitcally renewed either from satelite, internet or GPRS. I noticed that GXT has more features than my nuvi 780. But nuvi 780 is cool and it's easy to configure.

Comment

TIA
                    For the Mapsource yes, both can be installed and you can view and work on it one after the other. But on the GM-XT only one at a time. It will auto delete the former detailed map once you send the new map from the other source. You have to manually delete the route/s you made since it is being used by the former map. i.e. if the route is taken from the OSMph and you transfer a map to your devise from roadguide, the route you had made has to be deleted and transfer the routes using roadguide.ph. This is also applied for all the devices including garmin devices.

Comment

Thanks, ive just succesfully loaded the two maps, i noticed that you could select the two maps at the same time, does this mean that both maps show up at the same time?
                      Yes, and overlapping each other. Please check which map is on top as this seems to vary from cp to cp.

would it be advisable to turn the 2 maps on simultaneously?
                      Depends. If you're in an area that has more detail in one map than the other, then it's best to use that map that has more detail. I've noticed though that even if you turn off one map, when you do a search, somehow the POIs of that map still appears in the searched POI list and you can even navigate or browse it in the map.

Also, try to determine which map has the best routing function for the area you frequent then use that map. Observe how the navigation works with the two maps combined as there's a chance that the two maps differing routing configurations might mess up your routing recalc.

If you really want to combine maps, then i suggest you familiarize yourself with both maps then select which map you would want to use as your main map (meaning you select ALL the map tiles of this map), then for the other map, just select those map tiles that you think has more detail than your main map (meaning you don't select the whole map)... HTH

Comment

import/export of waypoints/tracks/routes feature is found only in symbian XT and not for the other OS. If you noticed, it's only symbian that is constantly being updated by Garmin, maybe because there are more cps' running on symbian than any of the other OS...
                        I have HTC Touch 3G with WM6.1 and GMXT ver. 5.00.20wp

I can "send to/send from" my cellphone/GPS waypoints,tracks and routes i saved from my GMXT via MapSource.

Comment

My ipaq also has GMXT ver. 5.00.20wp and I can "send to/send from" my cellphone/GPS waypoints, POI's, tracks and routes i saved from/to MapSource. Thanks to Quick GPS Connect.

Comment

Yes, and overlapping each other. Please check which map is on top as this seems to vary from cp to cp.

Depends. If you're in an area that has more detail in one map than the other, then it's best to use that map that has more detail. I've noticed though that even if you turn off one map, when you do a search, somehow the POIs of that map still appears in the searched POI list and you can even navigate or browse it in the map.

Also, try to determine which map has the best routing function for the area you frequent then use that map. Observe how the navigation works with the two maps combined as there's a chance that the two maps differing routing configurations might mess up your routing recalc.

If you really want to combine maps, then i suggest you familiarize yourself with both maps then select which map you would want to use as your main map (meaning you select ALL the map tiles of this map), then for the other map, just select those map tiles that you think has more detail than your main map (meaning you don't select the whole map)... HTH
                            I now use both maps and switch between the two depending on the location, ive also notced the POI,s do appear on the search function for both maps, not sure if you have noticed it on your units but my unit seems to run a liitle bit slower with both maps installed even if i choose only one map

Comment

In case anybody has these problems about importing exporting pois from mapsource and garmin xt for windows mobile through activesync, here is what I experienced.

Using WM5 running garmin xt version 4 = will import/export between mapsource and xt.

Using WM5 running garmin xt version 5 = will NOT import/export between mapsource and xt, or if it does, it's very flaky!

Using WM6 running garmin xt version 5 = lots of happiness! At last I'm able to import/export data between my devices, xt ver5 looks so much better!

Comment

Great tip!

Comment

Working...
                                X