garmin asus A10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garmin asus A10

again another attempt at a combined PDA+Phone+PND by garmin, only this time, android based, and not the A50 which was released in australia. specs and features are really good, and might get this one rather than an iPhone

http://www.garminasus.com/en_SG/phones/a10/index.html
    no waypoint left unturned

Garmin Asus A50

Hi Members,

I just got a garmin-asus A50 and it's very nice. It works perfectly and i tried the Walking Mode in Sydney when i went there last weekend and i am really impressed.

I will be going home in Manila this december and would like to know if anyone tried any garmin-asus smartphone there in Manila. I load the basic road map from the download section and sucessfully loaded (transfered) into my phone but not sure if it will work when i am already in Manila. Currently i am still in Australia and don't have any way to test the philippine maps.

would this work there?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by zaldeg View Post

would this work there?

Thanks,
      it will
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

got to try one recently although installed map is OSM. routing is pretty much the same as any nuvi, but it's the "pedestrian mode" that's really useful. i'm pretty sure that for anyone here that tried using their nuvi in pedestrian mode will be frustrated. it only offers "off road", which means you either get a straight line to your destination neglecting obstacles or "on road" where you are bound to traffic rules and have follow tracks like a car (eg. one way, u turns) walking mode is a welcome change, because it gives a reliable and direct path to your destination.

Comment

hi where can i download maps for my garmin phone? im not techy and im kinda lost

Comment

@avi1331
            please check out the faq for newbies
            got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

i know this thread is kinda old but i want to share something i discovered recently with this phone. since this is android, a neat app is latitude, which allows you to view the location of your friends via google maps. not only can you use this GPS to give directions, it can also act as a tracker via google maps if somebody else will be using your car

Comment

Working...
              X