Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin StreetPilot app

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/04/g...hone-and-ipad/

finally a garmin product for the iphone. too bad that the map is only cached and it seems no 3rd party apps allowed. but it's a cheaper alternative than buying a nuvi, for US customers, that is
    no waypoint left unturned

Oh man, if that app could only work with Mapsource and 3rd party maps like RG, iphone owners will have a field day

Comment

i recommend that RG make their own apps on iphone, im sure it will profit.

Comment

Originally posted by gareth85 View Post
        we will definitely not do it. RG exists not because of profit. sure, we do enter into licensing agreements from time to time but not for profit but rather just to sustain the operation of this project.

it's been said before that a handful of companies have approached RG before, but they were turned down because we don't want to commercialize the map and in the end we might end up paying for map updates ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by gareth85 View Post
          you can also try papago m7
          no waypoint left unturned

Comment

Originally posted by bunta510 View Post
            you can also try papago m7
            just got it today and it keeps saying that my current location in Makati CBD, but i'm here near novaliches...

Comment

Oh man! I was so excited when i heard garmin has an app for iphones and ipads.. I still use RG map with my trusty ol winmo 6.5 phone (using garmin xt) but would LOVE to see GPS work on an iPad!

UNFORTUNATELY, i discovered it wont load RG maps or any other maps for that matter..

I REALLY, REALLY hope future versions or new apps will finally let users load garmin compatible maps like RG...

BTW, Papago doesnt use RG maps, right? I hear bad reviews about it..

Comment

Originally posted by kyleryner View Post

BTW, Papago doesnt use RG maps, right? I hear bad reviews about it..
                papago does use RG maps. but it's not about the map but rather papago's software and hardware.

Comment

Working...
                X