iphone apps Nav4d (low cost)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iphone apps Nav4d (low cost)

Hi guys,i am a noob with regards to GPS and since last year with my iphone 3g,i was using the paid version of Motionx-gps for iphone.Not too familiar with how it works so l just didnt use it.Plus l was having a hard time acquiring a signal.But last week,a friend of mine let me borrow his Garmin and i was amzed on how the gadget worked!Currently l am using an iphone 4 and signal acquisition is much faster and i just downloaded the low cost version of Nav4D.Anyone using this app?

Why not use Papago instead? It's the closest you could get to a Garmin experience on your iPhone. The map however isn't as detailed as what we have for the contributor's map
    Last edited by jayteecie; 02-20-2011, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by jayteecie View Post
      Why not use Papago instead? It's the closest iPhone counterpart that you could get to a Garmin experience. The map however isn't as detailed as what we have for the contributor's map
      ok thanks,I will give it try.One reason is that the feedbacks were not good when i was checking the itunes store

Comment

Oh yeah, that's the reason why I haven't updated to M7 yet because of the feedbacks, not sure though with their latest M7.1 though its rating is at 4+. I'm still using M6.

Comment

Oh yeah, that's the reason why I haven't updated to M7 yet because of the feedbacks, not sure though with their latest M7.1 though its rating is at 4+. I'm still using M6.
          downloaded papago phil,almost $31!Well one thing i like bout it is that the thing talks.Not like Nav4D.But the orientation sucks!Hoepfully they will have a fix on this....wish l can have my money back

Comment

That's the problem with Papago, no Trial before buying option. As for the Orientation, not really sure what you mean but try to give yourself time to adjust, maybe you'll get used to it or maybe you could try disabling the Auto-Zooming feature.

Comment

That's the problem with Papago, no Trial before buying option. As for the Orientation, not really sure what you mean but try to give yourself time to adjust, maybe you'll get used to it or maybe you could try disabling the Auto-Zooming feature.
              the problem i have with the orientation is that sometimes the route that is being seen on the screen would sometimes point downwards.You will not see the road ahead.The only fix l did was to press thre menu button then press NAVI button and it goes back to the map with the arrow oriented upwards.
              All in all l am satisfied with it.Although at times it gave wrong directions,l like it.
              You are very much correct when you said that it is like Garmin.Thanks

Comment

Guess t'is the point where one has to say "told yah" . Thanks for the feedback. My M6 doesn't have that problem,i.e. direction is always pointed upwards. Guess will have to restrain this itch for updating yet. Hope they'll fix that in future updates.
                Last edited by jayteecie; 02-20-2011, 09:56.

Comment

An office colleague got tired of the problems he's having with Papago... "It's as useless as it is expensive" - those were his words.

This was after he bought my Garmin 255W, used, and ran it side by side with Papago. He was all praises using the Nuvi.
                  There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
                    An office colleague got tired of the problems he's having with Papago... "It's as useless as it is expensive" - those were his words.

This was after he bought my Garmin 255W, used, and ran it side by side with Papago. He was all praises using the Nuvi.

and the roadguides map of cors hehehe
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

The Nuvi's Garmin being better than the iPhone's Papago is definitely out of the question but this thread is about iPhone apps and how to make use of the iPhone's GPS to its full potential.

Comment

The Nuvi's Garmin being better than the iPhone's Papago is definitely out of the question but this thread is about iPhone apps and how to make use of the iPhone's GPS to its full potential.
                        Then get the Garmin app on the iPhone (http://www8.garmin.com/apps/) and enjoy the best of both worlds.

Comment

The StreetPilot seems to be promising, not sure though if there's a map for the Phils already and whether you won't incur any charges for it.

Comment

The StreetPilot seems to be promising, not sure though if there's a map for the Phils already and whether you won't incur any charges for it.
                            I was half-expecting that it being Garmin, you can use Mapsource to upload the map. But apparently, it uses a live copy of the map (like Google Maps). Advantage: Maps are always updated. Disadvantage: You gotta have 3G turned on to use it and it only has maps for US and Canada.

Comment

Thought so.. That's the problem with iPhone, everything is done through iTunes unless it's jailbroken and I'm not sure if it's even allowed to talk about JB here.

Comment

Working...
                              X