GPS bluetooth receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS bluetooth receiver

Hi anyone here uses a gps bluetooth receiver?

Can anyone recommend me one to use on my treo 650.

Ive downloaded a copy of garmin xt on my treo650 and doesnt know if it'll work.

Originally posted by alpha-q View Post

BT Garmin GPS 10x receiver user here, paired with my N73 and laptop with mobile PC. Check first if GMXT runs okay in your treo and if you can browse the map. To browse the map, go to the satellite page of xt, change location, browse the map and go to your preferred loc. in the map. If you can do this, your treo is ready for a BT gps.

Comment

I give up looking for a receiver for my treo. All i can surf at this time are all problems connecting a 3rd party receiver to a garmin xt using palm.

Ill just buy myself a 2nd hand nuvi unit that costs the same as a brand new receiver.

Comment

You may have some luck with a GPS puck or mouse type GPS. It connects via USB cable to your Treo as opposed to BT.

I have one but haven't tried it yet with my Treo but it's more reliable than connecting via BT.

Comment

BT GPS receiver

I am using a BT GPS receiver with my treo 700w. This runs on Windows Mobile5. I can give you the fellow who sold me the unit in case you are interested.

Comment

I was looking at this GARMIN GPS 10 Bluetooth GPS Sensor before I bought nuvi 250W. My plan is to pair it with either a treo 650 or a tapwave zodiac (palm os also). But with a price difference of $30, the hassle of pairing and getting a carmount (the nuvi comes with a carmount) for the treo or the zodiac, I decided to get the nuvi 250W instead.

I have no idea where to buy it here in Manila. I've seen some being sold but the price is just too much.

...but if you are concern on whether the bluetooth receiver will work with the treo, I am pretty sure that it will. Somebody demo-ed it to me, it does the job well. Although if you ask me, I would prefer having a separate gps system.
            Last edited by jetro; 03-18-2009, 09:30.

Comment

Originally posted by jetro View Post
              I was looking at this GARMIN GPS 10 Bluetooth GPS Sensor before I bought nuvi 250W. My plan is to pair it with either a treo 650 or a tapwave zodiac (palm os also). But with a price difference of $30, the hassle of pairing and getting a carmount (the nuvi comes with a carmount) for the treo or the zodiac, I decided to get the nuvi 250W instead.
              Advantages of having a BT GPS 10x over a Nuvi:
              1. As you said, cheaper by about $30
              2. Can be used with Treo or any PDA/smartphone that can run Garmin XT. Very handy, you can take it with you on foot and not worry about battery life. Transferable as well, can be paired with as many devices available, but can be used only one at a time.
              3. Can be used with a laptop running Garmin mobile PC, which would be just like having a Nuvi with a bigger screen. Of course there has to be someone with you to hold the laptop in the car and battery life might be an issue.
              4. Can be used with a laptop running Garmin NRoute. With this set-up you can start recording tracks set at 1 sec. interval.

But then, to each his own...

Btw, your link points to an older version GPS 10, the latest version is the GPS 10x...
              Last edited by Borgie; 03-18-2009, 17:42.

Comment

Hi,

I'm using an iBlue 737 Bluetooth GPS receiver. It tried pairing it with a Nokia N73, Ericsson P1i, Samsung Omnia and an IBM Thinkpad with success. A colleague uses his with his Palm PDA. No experience with the treo though.

Comment

Originally posted by magku View Post
                  Hi,

I'm using an iBlue 737 Bluetooth GPS receiver.
                  so where are your tracks? :sly:

we're quite sure the iblue has them since pokz uses the same thing...
                  How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Just paired my palm livedrive running garmin mobile xt for palm OS with a garmin BT 10X receiver via bluetooth two weeks ago(courtesy of Borgie who let me borrow his unit while on vacation) and it worked perfectly!!!

If your palm treo 650 is running on palm OS and not the Windows CE version, I think it will work perfectly fine with the garmin BT 10X receiver, since it shares the same palm OS version with the lifedrive.

Hope this would help...

Comment

tero 680 w Holux

i use a Holux M1000 GPS receiver paired via bluetooth to my treo680 - no problems using garmin Mobile xt for palm

Comment

I use GlobalSat's BT-338 Bluetooth GPS Receiver. Works well with both MobilePC & XT.
                        Last edited by Jan; 01-24-2010, 00:36. Reason: braking rules. removed part of post

Comment

Originally posted by mnocom View Post
                          I use GlobalSat's BT-338 Bluetooth GPS Receiver. Works well with both MobilePC & XT.
                          you were warned.
                          bye.
                          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Guys do you know stores in metro manila selling BT GPS receivers

Comment

BT GPS off Ebay

I got a solar BT GPS off ebay for about $50 and it worked great! Now I have a new smartphone with a built in GPS and have issues; takes 5-10 minutes to gather GPS data but doesn't store it so I have to wait each time I start the GPS program; the BT is much faster in this situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X