Dedicated GPS or GPS-capable phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated GPS or GPS-capable phone

I’ve been eyeing NUVI 295W for the longest time, I almost pulled the trigger however I was sales-talked into buying a phone instead. My current jurassic phone is due for replacement anyhow, so might as well do a compromise.

Question: Ang layo ba ng performance ng dedicated GPS over a GPS-capable phone? What features will I lose I buy the phone instead of the nuvi or vice-versa? Pros/Cons?

I will use the GPS mainly in my car/bike during out of town travel, which is not that frequent.

Thanks.

Originally posted by scooter View Post
    I’ve been eyeing NUVI 295W for the longest time, I almost pulled the trigger however I was sales-talked into buying a phone instead. My current jurassic phone is due for replacement anyhow, so might as well do a compromise.

Question: Ang layo ba ng performance ng dedicated GPS over a GPS-capable phone? What features will I lose I buy the phone instead of the nuvi or vice-versa? Pros/Cons?

I will use the GPS mainly in my car/bike during out of town travel, which is not that frequent.

Thanks.

hi.
    pls read this thread. Smartphone GPS vs. Actual GPS
    your questions might be answered there.

Comment

thanks doki.. should have used the search function first.

Comment

i just ordered my garmin nuvi 295w..

Comment

i just ordered my garmin nuvi 295w..

good decision....
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

thanks doki.. should have used the search function first.
            you're welcome sir

Comment

I agree you made a good decision

Comment

good choice sir, i also considering buying a dedicated gps for my motorcycle and i think dedicated gps are more rugged than its gps-phone capable counterpart.
                Nokia 5800XM - Garmin Mobile XT

Comment

Working...
                X