Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A-GPS installed on sony eric. c905..hoW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-GPS installed on sony eric. c905..hoW?

good day..

im new here.. new in the world of GPS..

how the GPS pre installed on my cellphone can be activateD?

what type of maps should i downloAD?

any software?

can i use the A-GPS for free?

after reading some posts here regarding GPS, A GPS, im still confuSED!!

please help me guyZ!..

big thanks..

Hi xrmlifted and welcome to the forum.

I'll try to answer your questions...

Originally posted by xrmlifted View Post
    how the GPS pre installed on my cellphone can be activateD?
    Most phones/PDA's have built-in map programs like Nokia Maps and etc. This can be activated when you open the program and tinker with the settings. You can also install Google Maps. Just look for the GPS settings in your phone. But these programs would require an internet connection. For Garmin, you need to have the program installed before you can activate the GPS and use our roadguide maps.

what type of maps should i downloAD?
    For junior members, only the standard map is available and you can get it here http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=6 . As soon as attain contributor status, you get the latest map roadguide.ph v1.03.

any software?

can i use the A-GPS for free?
    For cellphones, buy the Garmin mobile XT program. After installing the program, you can also install our map and use the aGPS for free, even if you don't have a signal from your phone GSM provider.

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      Hi xrmlifted and welcome to the forum.

I'll try to answer your questions...

Most phones/PDA's have built-in map programs like Nokia Maps and etc. This can be activated when you open the program and tinker with the settings. You can also install Google Maps. Just look for the GPS settings in your phone. But these programs would require an internet connection. For Garmin, you need to have the program installed before you can activate the GPS and use our roadguide maps.

For junior members, only the standard map is available and you can get it here http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=6 . As soon as attain contributor status, you get the latest map roadguide.ph v1.03.

For cellphones, buy the Garmin mobile XT program. After installing the program, you can also install our map and use the aGPS for free, even if you don't have a signal from your phone GSM provider.

thanks for the reply sir..

so do i have to buy the said garmin mobile xt program? before i can use my gps on cellphone

is there any alternatives software or program that can be dowloaded here for free? so i can use the GPS pre installed on my cp.

by the way, how much would be the cost of that GARMIN MOBILE XT PROGRAM?...

thanks again sir...

Comment

so do i have to buy the said garmin mobile xt program? before i can use my gps on cellphone
        Answer to your question can be found here...
        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=308

Comment

sir.. how much is the garmin software for my ericsson c905?

thanks

Comment

sir.. how much is the garmin software for my ericsson c905?

thanks
            I've been browsing the net for specs of your phone. Checked the OS and info i got is it's running on Java platform (JP-8.4). Not sure if this platform is supported by Garmin mobile XT. Other SE phones running on Symbian UIQ is supported by XT though and price is i think same as blackberry's...

Here's the review..
            http://blog.se-nse.net/reviews/sony-...n-c905-review/

Comment

I've been browsing the net for specs of your phone. Checked the OS and info i got is it's running on Java platform (JP-8.4). Not sure if this platform is supported by Garmin mobile XT. Other SE phones running on Symbian UIQ is supported by XT though and price is i think same as blackberry's...

Here's the review..
              http://blog.se-nse.net/reviews/sony-...n-c905-review/

sir thanks for the effort! really appreciated it.

I dont have any idea for the price of the garmin software, even for other cellphones or gps device...

may u pm me for the price sir?

i bought this cellphone hoping that i can use also the pre installed gps.. huhuhu....

thanks and thanks and thanks again sir.. godbless

is there any forumer here who's also using this cellphone? sony ericsson c905!
              please help me guyz!, thanks

Comment

willing to help me?

here's my YM ACCOUNT..

vick2_24@yahoo.com

thanks guyz....

Comment

I already answered your "how much" question here...

As for a compatible XT software for your SE C905, maybe Garmin will develop one, similar to an upgrade of XT for Nokia 5800, which previously was not supported. Perhaps you can contact Garmin and make inquiries...

Comment

I already answered your "how much" question here...

As for a compatible XT software for your SE C905, maybe Garmin will develop one, similar to an upgrade of XT for Nokia 5800, which previously was not supported. Perhaps you can contact Garmin and make inquiries...
                    thanks sir..

i hope that garmin has the sofware for this kind of cellphone..

Comment

sir reiji,

where could i get the garmin xt?? the one that would make N series GPS work? and also a head unit in my uncle's innova which is GPS capable
                      Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Comment

hello,

you can buy the Garmin XT program here.

it will hurt you a hundred bucks. but if you're the kind of guy who wants everything in one gadget such as your phone, then this is for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X