Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garmin Mobile XT ver. 5.00.40 (Symbian OS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Mobile XT ver. 5.00.40 (Symbian OS)

http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ls.jsp?id=3939

Changes made from version 5.00.30 to 5.00.40:

• Provide location format selection for coordinates.
    • Correct picture viewer to show multiple photos in Travel Guide.
    "music for the road?" @ free-mp3.ph

Garmin mobile xt

Hi guys,

I am new here. Is Garmin Mobile XT free to use or should I pay for licence?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux01 View Post
      Hi guys,

I am new here. Is Garmin Mobile XT free to use or should I pay for licence?

thanks!
      you have to buy it from garmin.com
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

this version and nokia e90

hi guys,

i installed this version of garmin mobile xt 5.00.40, and whenever i try launching this on my nokia e90, i always get an error "unable to execute file for security reasons".

i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling garmin mobile xt on my phone already with the same results.

Has anyone had the same issues before? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advanced.

~mark
        250.00/hr on any massage. Swedish, Shiatsu, or Combi

Schedule a massage by calling or texting us at:

Globe - 0915-118-2086
        Smart - 0908-735-9367
        Sun - 0922-213-2738

http://www.facebook.com/kawayanmassage
        http://kawayanmassage.wordpress.com/

Kawayan Home Service Massage – Quezon City, San Juan, San Mateo Rizal

Comment

Originally posted by pinoypaparazzi View Post
          hi guys,

i installed this version of garmin mobile xt 5.00.40, and whenever i try launching this on my nokia e90, i always get an error "unable to execute file for security reasons".

i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling garmin mobile xt on my phone already with the same results.

Has anyone had the same issues before? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advanced.

~mark
          i found the solution to the problem. it turned out i needed to install the garminmobilext.sis that was copied to the root of the memory card.
          250.00/hr on any massage. Swedish, Shiatsu, or Combi

Schedule a massage by calling or texting us at:

Globe - 0915-118-2086
          Smart - 0908-735-9367
          Sun - 0922-213-2738

http://www.facebook.com/kawayanmassage
          http://kawayanmassage.wordpress.com/

Kawayan Home Service Massage – Quezon City, San Juan, San Mateo Rizal

Comment

Could anyone help me out? i was just trying gmxt on the e90. it's been great so far, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find out how to save my current location. On touch screen navigators (the nuvi or any touchscreen phone with gmxt) this would have been as easy as tapping on the car icon, but how do i do this on the e90?

Comment

well, i found out that i could go out of the main menu then go to tools->where am i and save my current location, that works, but is there a way to save the current location without going out from the map view. pretty much like tapping on the car icon on touch screen devices...anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by jetro View Post
                well, i found out that i could go out of the main menu then go to tools->where am i and save my current location, that works, but is there a way to save the current location without going out from the map view. pretty much like tapping on the car icon on touch screen devices...anyone?
                Hi Jetro. If you mean from the 3D map view (the "view map" button in the main page), i guess you can't save your current location from that view. But another way to save your current location is to go to "tools/browse map" then click save. You're in the 2D map view page so you can see what location you are saving. HTH

Comment

yes Borgie, I meant saving the location while in 3d map view, so it is not possible, too bad. but is this true even on touch screen mobile phones (say omnia, x1, i780 etc).

I asked because I do that (saving current location by tapping on car icon) a lot on the nuvi because it's quick and I don't have to leave the 3d map view screen. I was liking the gmxt and was thinking of getting an xperia, i miss tapping on the car icon but if what I want to do is not possible then i'll pass.

a bit OT. using gmxt on windows mobile (xperia) should have the same interface, right?
                  Last edited by jetro; 05-28-2009, 11:40.

Comment

Originally posted by jetro View Post
                    yes Borgie, I meant saving the location while in 3d map view, so it is not possible, too bad. but is this true even on touch screen mobile phones (say omnia, e71, x1 etc).

I asked because I do that (saving current location by tapping on car icon) a lot on the nuvi because it's quick and I don't have to leave the 3d map view screen. I was liking the gmxt and was thinking of getting an xperia, i miss tapping on the car icon but if what I want to do is not possible then i'll pass.

a bit OT. using gmxt on windows mobile (xperia) should have the same interface, right?
                    Yes, it would have the same UI as the XT program is the same even if installed in different OS phones/pda...

Haven't tried saving a wpt this way yet, but in my e71 when you are autorouting, if i press the center of the D-pad, XT talks and gives you the remaining distance to your destination. At the same time, you're also in the 2D map page. Maybe you can save a wpt while in this page. To go back to 3D view, just press "back"...

Comment

Working...
                    X