No announcement yet.

Navitel Observation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may use the function "Jam in 1km" - tap on the driving direction icon in the left upper corner while a route is active - then Navitel will at least try to re-route directly in front of you.

Comment

By the way, Navitel Navigator 5.0.1.846 is out.

Comment

You may use the function "Jam in 1km" - tap on the driving direction icon in the left upper corner while a route is active - then Navitel will at least try to re-route directly in front of you.
        Mario thanks for sharing, but I couldn't find Jam in 1km function anywhere, I tried turning on Navitel Jams, but still no icon or what not. Can you post some screenshots and your version number?

Also guys who are using Navitel, please update your user profile to reflect you version no. It isn't a requirement but saves from people asking what version you are using.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
          Mario thanks for sharing, but I couldn't find Jam in 1km function anywhere, I tried turning on Navitel Jams, but still no icon or what not. Can you post some screenshots and your version number?

Also guys who are using Navitel, please update your user profile to reflect you version no. It isn't a requirement but saves from people asking what version you are using.
          kuya arv,

you have the screen shot in your how to simulate route.
          last picture. just above "demo route"
          Last edited by doki; 08-20-2011, 14:52.

Comment

excuse me, may I ask?

Why did Roadguide choose Navitel software for gps mobile devices? i mean there are a lot of other software gps out there.

I remember i have a friend and he was using "nDrive" in his android phone and it has a philippine map. i dont know if the map is updated

may i know the reason why? why Navitel?

pero one thing for sure, rg map is the best map!

btw, currently enjoying the complete navitel v5. already purchased the key

Comment

Originally posted by kicks4us23 View Post
              excuse me, may I ask?

Why did Roadguide choose Navitel software for gps mobile devices? i mean there are a lot of other software gps out there.

I remember i have a friend and he was using "nDrive" in his android phone and it has a philippine map. i dont know if the map is updated

may i know the reason why? why Navitel?

pero one thing for sure, rg map is the best map!

btw, currently enjoying the complete navitel v5. already purchased the key
              easiest to incorporate as developer of gpsmapedit (the native software of our raw file) is also co-developer of navitel. there was no need for additional program to convert our maps to navitel.

and we were impressed by how navitel performed during testing period.

Comment

Try going to Menu > Route > Route Properties > (mini options button below the screen between the back button and Map button) > Reroute

although, I haven't gotten this to work properly yet. but it seems to be the closest feature to other GPS' rerouting options.

the Jam in 1km option is for navitel 3.+ and seems it's gone in Navitel 5.+

Comment

Thanks Mario, I read Kuya Doki's post so I was trying and trying and gave up, coz it wasn't there, thanks for confirmation that v5 doesn't have it anymore or else I would have been doing this till my battery ran low.

Found the reroute option that you mentioned, yup I agree quite a lot of taps to get a reroute when in Garmin it is more or less just 2 taps. Still at least it is there, I tried it several times with simulation but still the same route was calculated, so no confirmed test on this at my side.

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

Thanks Mario, I read Kuya Doki's post so I was trying and trying and gave up, coz it wasn't there, thanks for confirmation that v5 doesn't have it anymore or else I would have been doing this till my battery ran low.

Found the reroute option that you mentioned, yup I agree quite a lot of taps to get a reroute when in Garmin it is more or less just 2 taps. Still at least it is there, I tried it several times with simulation but still the same route was calculated, so no confirmed test on this at my side.

TTFN
                    Arvin
                    ah yes. that's for version3 navitel software. sorry kuya arvin, it's not in v5 na pala.
                    btw, it was weebee who posted the confirmation and not mario. tsk tsk tsk. your eyes really getting blurry na with all those pr0n.:sly:

Comment

Thanks Mario, I read Kuya Doki's post so I was trying and trying and gave up, coz it wasn't there, thanks for confirmation that v5 doesn't have it anymore or else I would have been doing this
                      Ya, sorry I forgot to mention that I checked it only on 3.5 pala.

So good that this is cleared na. But all in all I would say, no need to re-route by hand, since it recalculates routes so fast after not following the initial one.

Comment

What do you guys suggest for route settings? Short or quick?

Comment

Depends on you actually, I used to use Short with Garmin, but decided to change that to quick.

Short is shortest route but routing will use side streets and secondary streets, while quick will choose the primary roads (highways and avenues). My thinking is that I'd rather be in big streets and be able to just use smaller streets as I see fit.

I once had to go through Tondo area (not my territory) at night, with my kids, and the GPSR made us go through some very dark streets with shady people on it, even my street smart wife got a bit anxious... in my defense I still was able to find maybe 2 contributions that night One was a one way street, with help of HBT confirming that it was in fact one way!

TTFN
                          Arvin

Comment

Here are some of my observations using Navitel on my iPad. For reference, I'm using using Navitel v5.0.0.907 and my iPad is running iOS v4.3.5.

1) It is slow to recalculate when off-route. I thought it was because I had my off-route sensitivity set too low, but even when set at maximum, it still fumbles. It takes over a minute or about 1km before it gives you a recalculated route.

Another interesting quirk is that it there will be about 30secs or so where it will display the newly recalculated route, while still insisting that you return to the original route.

Navitel also seems to insist on U-turns, even if you toggled U-turn avoidance OFF. There seems to be no difference whether I use "quick" or "short" calculation style. However, I was playing with this on village roads, so that may be the reason why the unit got a little confused.

2) iPad power consumption seems pretty good. it uses about 10% of battery power per hour. This is with Cellular Data OFF, and WiFi ON, and using the day skin. Consumption drops down to about 7%/hour using the night skin.

3) When going down CV Star Ave (from Philam Village in Las Pinas) and preparing for the right-trun onto Alabang-Zapote Road, the guidance voice will tell me to keep left, even as I line up for my right turn!

Here's a screen shot...

This also happens on CAA Road (J Aguilar) going towards Alabang-Zapote road. As you approach the a left-hand dogleg on CAA road, the guidance voice will tell you to keep right. For anyone familiar with this road, keeping right at that bend is a very very bad idea as there are always cars parked on the right side of that bend.

Here's a screenshot...

4) I've also noticed Navitel gets rather funky when using via points and displays multiple routes and conflicting turn directions (you will see two different arrows). Will explore this further, as I think its a user problem and not the software.

All-in-all, I'm very happy with the maps, and somewhat less happy with Navitel's user interface. Kudos to the guys who made the RG map available for Navitel.

Comment

Southern,

Nice finds about the guidance glitches, I strongly recommend that you contribute this, being that you also plan on buying a Garmin in the future.

Put a Waypoint on were the voice tells you to keep left when the route obviously shows to turn right. Then instead of a waypoint name, just put Voice tells me to keep left, when it should be keep right, etc. If you run out of space use the comments area. This is all in Mapsource so please Visit here on how to contribute waypoint: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4419

Then you upload here:
                              http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...light=guidance

Let us know if you have any problems, you may post your questions in the upload thread I guess, coz I can't find a how to on this, no worries will probably make one soon.

TTFN
                              arvin

Comment

Southern,

Nice finds about the guidance glitches, I strongly recommend that you contribute this, being that you also plan on buying a Garmin in the future.

Put a Waypoint on were the voice tells you to keep left when the route obviously shows to turn right. Then instead of a waypoint name, just put Voice tells me to keep left, when it should be keep right, etc. If you run out of space use the comments area. This is all in Mapsource so please Visit here on how to contribute waypoint: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4419

Then you upload here:
                                http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...light=guidance

Let us know if you have any problems, you may post your questions in the upload thread I guess, coz I can't find a how to on this, no worries will probably make one soon.

TTFN
                                arvin
                                its ok in garmin and mapsource, no need to contribute.
                                FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                                X