No announcement yet.

Navitel Observation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southern, Guru Reiji said no need to contribute the two items you saw in Navitel after all.

Thanks for confirming Kuya Reiji!
    TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

@reiji, thanks for the heads up

@arvin, no worries, i still found your comments helpful and encouraging. Thanks

Comment

Anybody have any idea why this occurs? I'm on northbound lane in c5, destination is ortigas ave. This is the weird routing I get, does this happen on version 3.5?

Comment

Garmin produces the correct route, so is this a navitel problem?

Whats so weird about the navitel routing is that it wants you to u-turn back into the southbound lane in c5, then do another uturm (counterflow???) up the flyover to ortigas extension????? The do another uturn to go to back to ortigas????

Comment

Hello! First of all I highly suggest (of course optional) that we all put the Version no. of our Navitel software in our profile, so that it is easy to see what version you use. I assume you are using v. 5 like me.

Unfortunately I am currently out of town and can't test my Navitel system by simulating the route. But I'd like to suggest that you try setting Navitel to avoid U turns.

I have a feeling that it might be a conversion or compiling issue, members/navitel users so far have reported two similar problems as of now. Hopefully someone with a V3 software can test that route out as well. If V3 doesn't have a problem, then us V5 users should really consider downgrading till RG is ready to support V5, which I understand uses nm3 instead of nm2 files.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

I've tried this on 3 versions of navitel 5.1069, 5.1729, and the latest version 5.1.846. All give me the same results. Unfortunately version 3 can't run on my phone, it force closes.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyking View Post

does this happen on version 3.5?
                Yes.

Exactly the same error on my Navitel v3.5.

No problem on Mobile XT installed on the same phone.

Comment

simulated on nokia 5800 running ver 3.5.

routing is similar to what i get in mapsource.

sorry but i can't provide snapshot of my antique phone. but routing does seem to work well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Navitel 3.5

Quick Route = error, U-turn everywhere

Short Route = OK, U-turn at C5

Garmin XT / Nuvi

Faster Route = OK, U-turn at Ortigas

Shorter Route = OK, U-turn at C5

Comment

Hmm, I guess we should all set to Shortest route then? Unless Kuya Pokz can confirm that his v3.5 setting is using quick route!

Comment

i can confirm that my route setting is set to quick.

Comment

So Kuya Pokz and GTV it might not be the routing settings quick or short!

On a different topic, I turned on my navitel while on the plane (yeah they allow it as long as your phone is in flight mode) did not get a single sattelite hit, on Nokia C6, I know that some Garmins will get a fix no problem though the plane roof. This was a small airbus type of plane to boot.

TTFN
                          Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                            On a different topic, I turned on my navitel while on the plane (yeah they allow it as long as your phone is in flight mode) did not get a single sattelite hit, on Nokia C6, I know that some Garmins will get a fix no problem though the plane roof. This was a small airbus type of plane to boot.
                            it should be near a window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Installed navitel v5.0.0.1069 in my Samsung Galaxy i9003. Happened thrice already that I can't find the Navitel icon, it seems that it uninstalled itself so I had to do a reinstall. Anybody experienced this?

Previously, I had the version 3 but had so many problems with it so I updated to version 5.

Comment

it should be near a window.
                                of course! My bad!!! I had aisle seats, easier to go to the Toilets

Kuya Borgie, no experience with the problem you mentioned, but I wonder if it might be because your install is going to your microSD instead of the main storage? I don't even know if there is such an option.

You might want to revert back to v3 to observe if it happens again or not.

TTFN
                                Arvin

Comment

Working...
                                X