Clear All

Working Asus transformer Navitel RG Map

Got it now!! Perfectly Working!
    What i did were:
    -I download Navitel xlarge 5.5.1.0 .apk
    -Download RG Navitel Compatible Map
    -Put Navitel xlarge 5.5.1.0 .apk in to Asus SD Card
    -Run It and Open it
    -Obtain Trial Period Lisense thru online connection (30 days trial period)
    -Create a folder NavitelContent/Maps
    -Unzip RG Map 11.7
    -Copy all nm2 file to SD/NavitelContent/Maps
    -Restart Navitel to automatically create index
    -And viola!! Working Navitel RG Map in Asus Transformer
    -Gonna actual test it on the road tommorow..

Test drive this morning Manila Area : Here are some pics.
    Pros: Superb Satellite Detection 9-12 (cloudy days)
    Superb 3D view,excellent icons,quick response,clear voice,and accurate map
    Cons: No voice guidance for street names..Navitel if restarted, u need to re-connect online to activate it..Annoying "you left route" voice when you go off-route

Next to try: My other Blackberry playbook
    Last edited by pyth777; 08-04-2012, 09:01. Reason: add pics

Comment

just wanted to share my experience with Navitel on my Galaxy Y

at some point i decided to uninstall it for i was happy already with my Garmin 1300... then last saturday, i somehow downloaded it again thru Appstore...

what ive noticed was, i was given another 30-day trial period again

is this normal? if so, i will just uninstall then intall it again and again

BTW just sharing some screen shots together with my Garmin 1300 and iGo8 Car Nav

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
      - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Vforce,

No idea if you get another free 30days when you reinstall, maybe it will!

I have a slightly OT question, on your head unit, what map is it displaying? I mean what area? That shape of the roads looks familiar to me but can't remember where it is. Also why is it not displaying the same area as your two other Navi systems?

Lastly your Head unit runs on WinCE? IGo? But no map updates?

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Sir vforce gps loc

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
          Vforce,

No idea if you get another free 30days when you reinstall, maybe it will!

I have a slightly OT question, on your head unit, what map is it displaying? I mean what area? That shape of the roads looks familiar to me but can't remember where it is. Also why is it not displaying the same area as your two other Navi systems?

Lastly your Head unit runs on WinCE? IGo? But no map updates?

TTFN
          Arvin
          Let me Guess po

The first one is along Davao-BUDA National Highway...

for the second shot..I have been assigned once in sir william place before and im pretty sure it is in Cagayan De Oro City..To be precise Claro M. Recto Ave CDO Butuan RD, it is in the vicinity of Gusa CDO, 50 meters ahead there is a petron gas stn to the right but not showing in his map, .If you use your garmin exact coordinates is 8.476214,124.678728 .It is where the actual photo of his gps was taken..

Comment

thanks kuya pyt777

@kuya arvin, the "lines" displayed on my headunit are actually all those "easter-egg tracks" gathered for sometime as i was not able to integrate (sadly) the RG map into it

yes, my HU runs on WinCE, iGo8...

would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction on how to somehow put RG map (even if its only a basic map) in it?

thanks
            Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Comment

So was pyth right? CDO? I thought that the area in your head unit was different though!

Regarding Igo and RG, sorry no idea how to install any RG maps on your Igo! Wait actually there is, but i have not tried it. You might want to download a trial version of the Navitel for WindowsCE and test it on your head unit.

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

yup pyt was right

the "map" on my igo displayed differently because i zoomed it out and its in track up mode

anyways, i'll try the Navitel for WCE

kampai

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
                  anyways, i'll try the Navitel for WCE
                  Question: I also have a 2 din HU that runs on WinCE, how do you install programs in it? I mean this isn't a laptop that you can just install a program. I've always been hearing this that it's possible but I've never actually asked how. So if you don't mind, can you teach me how pls? Also, would it be possible to add more RAM on our HU? Btw your HU is identical to mine with PIP function as well.

TIA!

Comment

Navitel trial in WinCe GPS is promising..Cant figure it out how for motorola models..I have lots of Motorola 5.1" widescreen Motonav TN765 (Best gps for me in Appearance,features and Touchscreen Response) and Motonav TN30 but cannot be used here in the phils...I am offering a motonav TN30 for FREE for anyone who can put a working map in both Motonav models..

Comment

Originally posted by pyth777 View Post
                      Navitel trial in WinCe GPS is promising..Cant figure it out how for motorola models..I have lots of Motorola 5.1" widescreen Motonav TN765 (Best gps for me in Appearance,features and Touchscreen Response) and Motonav TN30 but cannot be used here in the phils...I am offering a motonav TN30 for FREE for anyone who can put a working map in both Motonav models..

Allow me to share another batch of screenshots:

At the top of the photo is my Super Reliable Garmin nuvi 1300 4.3" screen display with the latest RG map with anti glare sunshade sitting on Friction Dash Mount,

next to it at the middle is an Android phone Samsung Galaxy Y 3" display previously with Navitel (now displaying the no-nonsense FREE Navigator -many thanks to mejazz)

and at the bottom is my 2DIN CarNav 7" HD screen display Erisin brand (bought online from China) which for the longest time had this @#$ iGo8 with no Phil map... struggled for 2 years to look for GPS software that will install on its WindowsCE brain with no luck until i stumbled upon the Navigator

and because this thread is about Navitel observation,
                      i must point out that Navitel is a little bit more talkative than Garmin and Navigator (i.e. keep left 2nd exit... keep right 4th exit.... keep left first exit )
                      also the Navitel isnt FREE although you can have a trial version for 30 days
                      Navitel is a bit dry on the colors department, and you need an internet to start it up prior to your trip

Ow, i can give reviews on the Navigator but i guess it should fall on another thread BUT because it uses another map, i guess it is inappropriate to tackle it, so i wont be elaborating it from now on

Last edited by VFORCE3; 08-23-2012, 15:27.

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
                        i will take your challenge

My 2DIN CarNav China GPS is now complete

i installed the new GPS navigator program without affecting my iGo8 GPS application
                        what program is this sir? very nice interface

Comment

^ anong version ng Navitel yan sir?

Comment

sir primo,

since i posted prior to this query, i am assuming that i am the one you were asking

Ans: no its not Navitel

Comment

Im currently trying out navitel on my galaxy note with custom rom and loaded it into my daughter's galaxy pocket as well. Works well. I'm liking this better than my 2yr old chinese car gps with mobile xt.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Is it accurate using your galaxy y as gps? Coz mine hangs a bit maybe bec of too much application.

sent from sgh-i777 using tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X