Nokia with Navitel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokia with Navitel

Anyone who is using Navitel software on Nokia touch screen phones?

I am using Navitel 5.0.0 with Nokia C6 and have recently started having problems with me touch screen not working. I had a hunch that maybe Navitel has something to do with it.

Anyway I have already updated the firmware of my phone and still had problems.
    Last night I checked if there are new Navitel versions, and found Navitel Version 5.0.3.397 for symbian. So I downloaded that and installed it.

So far so good, the touch screen is not acting up. Might be premature because it has only been 12 hours, but I will just update this thread.

TTFN
    Arvin

Sir Arvin;

I hope you can fix that. I also want to use Navitel on my new E7 but had a double thought.
    d1754
    "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
    those who accept it avoid the snares of death
    . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

been using navitel on my nokia ever since the map is available and no issue whatsoever so far.

Comment

I'm using Navitel 5.0.3.397 on my Nokia C7, navitel is working fine except the slight anoying triangular thing while zooming inn/out..

Beside that I have a non working cam since symbian Anna update? Has again updated to latest version, 025.007, still the same? Tried to figure out how to revert to original firmware, to no avail?

So If anyone has any clues, please let me know?
        Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
          I'm using Navitel 5.0.3.397 on my Nokia C7, navitel is working fine except the slight anoying triangular thing while zooming inn/out..
          Works fine on my Nokia C6-01with 5.0.3.397 since Navitel map came out.

Comment

Guys,

Just to clarify, I was not or still am not sure if Navitel is the cause of the problem. Probably not, so please do not get dissuaded from installing Navitel.

As of today, the C6 still acts up from time to time, no or very bad touch screen, meaning I can't even push a button on the screen to select anything.

I have upgraded to a Sony Xperia Active already and my wife might use the C6, however after a factory default reset I think I will test a bit to see if the touch screen problem comes up, but I still want to install Navitel again, coz it would be handy for her as well.

I did read somewhere that there has been quite a few problems with C6 touch screen, so big possiblity it's not coz of navitel, E7 should be safe

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Just if I was unclear, I second that Arvin, my Nokia trouble has notting to do with Navitel! I was using Navitel on that Nokia C7 without problems (besides the slight triangular thing) before the Symbian Anna.
              Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Is Navitel better than Nokia's own in-built GPS mapping?

I have a Nokia N8 running symbian Belle O.S. I used it perfectly last year when touring in Arizona (although I admit that the USA mapping is probably 10 times better than provincial Philippines).

In a few weeks I'm taking my family on a touring holiday in Palawan, from Puerto Princesa, northwards then westwards to Port Barton, and then carrying on to El Nido.
                Nokia Maps of this region are unbelievably vague...certainly not good enough to rely upon.

does Navitel (I must admit to never knowing about it until 5 minutes ago) offer any advantage or reliability?

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerdixon View Post

I have a Nokia N8 running symbian Belle O.S. I used it perfectly last year when touring in Arizona (although I admit that the USA mapping is probably 10 times better than provincial Philippines).

In a few weeks I'm taking my family on a touring holiday in Palawan, from Puerto Princesa, northwards then westwards to Port Barton, and then carrying on to El Nido.
                  Nokia Maps of this region are unbelievably vague...certainly not good enough to rely upon.

does Navitel (I must admit to never knowing about it until 5 minutes ago) offer any advantage or reliability?

thanks.
                  to be quite honest, there's only one main road in palawan so the possibility of getting lost is remote...

but yes, the navitel map offered here is in all likelihood better than the ovi map for palawan.

install mapsource / demomap and see for yourself.
                  for palawan the latest demo map and the navitel map are almost the same.

there's a one month free trial for navitel as well, so if you time it well, you shouldnt have to spend as well.
                  How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by parkerdixon View Post
                    imo, both (nokia and navitel) are great apps. the main important thing to consider is which app has a better map. here in the ph, i'd say that garmin would be the best (due to roadguide and osm maps) then navitel (with a somewhat 'outdated' roadguide map).
                    got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Working...
                    X