Lenovo A60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo A60

i was in search of dual sim phone recently and i came across with lenovo a60 which is obviously china made but aesthetics is comparable to samsungs galaxy ace. being tired of carrying 2 phone landline/smart sim i decided to buy it which cost me 8k, not bad for a dual sim 3.5 capacitive screen android phone. Upon tinkering with the phone i discovered that it has a gps receiver so i install navitel to test rg map, and to my surprise it acquired a satellite fix in less than 15 s (agps disabled) far better than my nuvi285. the phone is menu is snappy and can play some games eg angry birds, fruit ninja without apparent lag.
    cons: lousy camera , made in china.

googling the internet the specs says:

CPU: MT6573 ARM11 650MHz (handles multimedia processes) + MT6162 ARM9 400MHz (handles network/frequency processes)
    GPU: PowerVR SGX 531
    OS
    Android V2.3.5
    Memory
    RAM : 256 MB / ROM : 512 MB
    2G Micro SD Memory Card (TF-Card)
    MAX support 16GB
    Screen
    3.5" HVGA, 320 x 480, TFT-LCD/ Capacitive Touch Screen
    Network
    Dual Sim Dual Standby, Support W+G, G+G
    WCDMA/HSDPA : 900/2100 MHz
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE : 900/1800/1900 MHz
    Support GSM service all over the world
    GPS
    Built In SiRF III GPS
    Connection
    Bluetooth with EDR & A2DP
    Wi-Fi : IEEE 802.11 b/g
    micro USB 2.0
    Camera
    Back 3.2 mega pixel / MAX 2048×1536
    Front 0.3 mega pixel
    Sensor
    Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor
    Radio
    FM

How about the LG Optimus Net Dual Sim P698? According to this page, it's also got Built In SiRF III GPS. For P1k more, one can get 150 MHz more CPU power. Downside for the P698 is the 3.2" screen.

Comment

hello sir,

Im a lenovo a60 owner too. GPS feature is so fine. I use it to run speedpro and mount it on my bike. it calculates speed, distance, and even altitude. Now I would like to install Navitel on my phone. I already successfully installed the trial version of navitel but my problem is installing the cebu map. I downloaded the jklinc roadguide.ph 1.07 version and installed the same to my pc. I then copied all the files from jklinc folder (there was no subfolder found except the main folder jklinc) from my hard drive C: then pasted all the files to my lenovo sdcard folder under navitel/maps. I ran the navitel app on my lenovo but still I could not find any loaded map. Can you tell me pls if there is a step I skipped of a another step I have to do to complete installation? I need your advice. Thank you.

BTW, anybody with the same experience can also contribute help to my problem. Thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by JIC View Post
        hello sir,

Im a lenovo a60 owner too. GPS feature is so fine. I use it to run speedpro and mount it on my bike. it calculates speed, distance, and even altitude. Now I would like to install Navitel on my phone. I already successfully installed the trial version of navitel but my problem is installing the cebu map. I downloaded the jklinc roadguide.ph 1.07 version and installed the same to my pc. I then copied all the files from jklinc folder (there was no subfolder found except the main folder jklinc) from my hard drive C: then pasted all the files to my lenovo sdcard folder under navitel/maps. I ran the navitel app on my lenovo but still I could not find any loaded map. Can you tell me pls if there is a step I skipped of a another step I have to do to complete installation? I need your advice. Thank you.

BTW, anybody with the same experience can also contribute help to my problem. Thank you all.
        check this
        that will be more useful
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Working...
        X