Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unit ID

Pls HELP -

I use a GMXT unit which came with a new car. Not sure if the "Software unit ID" in the Setting/About is the Unit ID. . . . The “Utilities/Get unit ID” in Mapsource could not provide me the Unit ID. I connect to the PC via the micro-SD card.

Originally posted by rhoydec View Post
    Pls HELP -

I use a GMXT unit which came with a new car. Not sure if the "Software unit ID" in the Setting/About is the Unit ID. . . . The “Utilities/Get unit ID” in Mapsource could not provide me the Unit ID. I connect to the PC via the micro-SD card.
    Managed to resolve this issue.
    Achieved 'Contributor' status yesterday. Downloaded and installed the Contributor's map yesterday on my GPSr without a glitch.

Thanks RGPH team!

Comment

Congrats, but can you answer your own question for the benefit of others who might have the same question in the future? How did you get your unit ID?

Comment

In the GPSr, the "Software unit ID" in the Setting/About is the Unit ID. You have to quote the Unit ID everytime you upload a contribution. I surmise that the code provided by RG to you to unlock the Contributor's map is derived from the Unit ID.

I unlocked the Contributor's map using Mapsource. I sent the map to the GPSr using BaseCamp.

Comment

Working...
        X