NEWBIE Needs Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWBIE Needs Help

I have a samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus, I downloaded the Navitel software for android 5.0 and the associated map. the software works fine but for some reason it does not find the map. How can I install or download the street map properly for the Visaya region of the philippines?

thanking you in advance for your help.

Martin

Originally posted by mross808 View Post
    I have a samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus, I downloaded the Navitel software for android 5.0 and the associated map. the software works fine but for some reason it does not find the map. How can I install or download the street map properly for the Visaya region of the philippines?

thanking you in advance for your help.

Martin
    welcome to roadguide.
    you have to set your atlas folder. go settings - map - open atlas. then choose the fodler where you placed your map.
    Last edited by doki; 04-05-2012, 07:17.

Comment

I go to settings but there is no choice for MAP, or ATLAS folder?

can you give step by step instructions? I feel so dumb right now

Comment

I go to settings but there is no choice for MAP, or ATLAS folder?

can you give step by step instructions? I feel so dumb right now
        tell me what you have done step by step so far so i know where to help you.

have you downloaded the roadguide navitel map?
        Last edited by doki; 04-05-2012, 08:25.

Comment

or follow this: http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4403

Comment

yes it is currently in the map folder of the navitel software

Comment

it is called roadguide.bin

Comment

yes it is currently in the map folder of the navitel software
                you mean you pasted all nm2 maps in .../Navitel Contents/Maps folder?
                if yes, it should be ok. did you go outside and get a satellite lock?

but if the software didn't recognize the map, then go to

then

then

then choose the map you placed.

or if you have copied it to a different folder (in my case, i placed it in Navitel RG map folder)

then click the icon below

then

enter the folders where the map folder is placed until you reached the actual map folder.

then

done.
                Last edited by doki; 04-05-2012, 08:46.

Comment

I follow the directions and screen shots but there is no folder called NAVITEL RG MAP what do I do?

Comment

I follow the directions and screen shots but there is no folder called NAVITEL RG MAP what do I do?
                    that's a folder i created for myself. (read carefully the texts i placed before the pics)

you can make your own folder and place the maps there. or just simply direct it to the folder where you placed your nm2 files.

Comment

thanks for all your help. As a newbie with this and the tablet, now I have to figure out how to copy the file from the download folder to the folder in navitel.

Comment

new question what is the naming convention for rg maps to be archived and recognized in Navitel? currently the name is roadguide.bin and it is not recognized when building an altlas

Comment

new question what is the naming convention for rg maps to be archived and recognized in Navitel? currently the name is roadguide.bin and it is not recognized when building an altlas

.nm2 files will be recognized as maps for navitel. please check if you downloaded the .nm2 files extracted as stated from the link i mentioned before

Comment

Doki,

the only file I found at the link you sent is roadguide.bin for android. There are no nm2 files that I can see. if you can send me the link to the nm2 files I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Doki,

the only file I found at the link you sent is roadguide.bin for android. There are no nm2 files that I can see. if you can send me the link to the nm2 files I would greatly appreciate it.
                              did you download the navitel roadguide map on this thread? http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4402

Comment

Working...
                              X