Osmand for android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osmand for android

Didn't want to litter the sygic navigator thread with off topic replies, so I thought I'd start a new thread for Osmand.

Initial impressions are good. Favorites can be categorized into different folders, Map are updated regularly through OSM, it might not be as comprehensive as roadguide maps, but it's still pretty good.

However, there are a few cons, offline routing is limited to 20kms only. I did try making a route of more than 50 kms while online, then disconnected the internet, the routing info was retained, so that could be a workaround.

And I can't seem to find a way to put intermediate destinations in between, and a way to simulate routes. Also there is no 3d view, only the top down view.

So far, navitel is still the better app, because of full offline routing, route simulations , and multiple destinations. But Osmand could be a viable alternative when the roadguide map for navitel becomes too outdated.

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up bro.

I tried Osmand last night. Its ok but Navi is far better in terms of road guidance, 1sec record, etc.,

After an hour, I got bored with Osmand

Comment

Working...
    X