Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokia 5800 and google map

hi,

I am currently using a nokia 5800 with google map. it works flawlessly except for 1 problem. I cant get it to compute the routes between two given points. the map im using is entirely different from the pre loaded maps by nokia (navteq). I beleive that once it computes the route on two given points, voice instructions will be heard just like the nuvis.

I find that the maps are more updated and have more details when it comes to street names.

im so hooked on this set up so i always carry this instead of my nuvi 200.

can anybody help me figure out how to enable this to compute between two points?

also, i was able to install it on my wife's n 95 and i am able to track her anywhere she goes, accurately at that. (without her knowing )

joseph

Originally posted by pioneer1 View Post
    hi,

I am currently using a nokia 5800 with google map. it works flawlessly except for 1 problem. I cant get it to compute the routes between two given points. the map im using is entirely different from the pre loaded maps by nokia (navteq). I beleive that once it computes the route on two given points, voice instructions will be heard just like the nuvis.

I find that the maps are more updated and have more details when it comes to street names.

can anybody help me figure out how to enable this to compute between two points?
    You mean you want to navigate a route using Google map? In the US maybe, but here i doubt if you can do that with Google map. But why use Google map if you can use the roadguide map that performs as well as the Nuvi?

also, i was able to install it on my wife's n 95 and i am able to track her anywhere she goes, accurately at that. (without her knowing )

joseph
    Wow, without her knowing! Methinks if she knows how to install that too in your cellphone and without you knowing, accurately track you and all, you'd be in a lot of trouble... ... joke lang bro...

Comment

@ borgie...

hi bro,

to answer your question, i dont use the same car everyday where i installed my nuvi. somtimes, my wife uses the car so i use another. medyo napagod na ko sa tanggal kabit ng nuvi. my nuvi with the map here is great, no doubt. that is why i also use the 5800 with google, and it is also convenient because it goes wherever i go. The downside is i pay for using GPRS.

and, for tracking, i have set mine to "not share my location".

cheers bro
      Last edited by pioneer1; 05-19-2009, 13:23.

Comment

hi,

joseph
        Yeah, I don't think you can get routes/directions with google map here in PI.

You're live tracking your wife without her knowing it? If I may ask, why would you do that? I mean I would install a live tracking SW on my loved ones phones and tell them about it for purely security purposes. So when they tell me they're going home, I can track them and maybe tell if they get in to trouble (car problem, traffic etc.).

Comment

@ amf,

So i would know if she's following me when im out on a limbo.

joseph

Comment

Working...
          X