Device ID vs. Software Unit ID on Garmin XT Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device ID vs. Software Unit ID on Garmin XT Mobile

Just want to clarify about the difference between Device ID and Software Unit ID on Garmin XT Mobile installed on my mobile phone HTC X7501 Advantage. When one is awarded his hard-earned copy of the contributor's map, you will be given an unlocking code exclusive only to a device. I am almost finished with the Angat Town maps, with garmin tracks, street names and waypoints hoping to get my share of the contributor's map. Last night, unfortunately, after I have downloaded my tracks etc. in my laptop, my htc x7501 crashed for no apparent reason. It could be because i upgraded garmin xt from 5.00.10 to 5.00.20 but didn't get along well so i have to restore it back to its original version.

On the process of restoration, i started installaling my original garmin xt version 4.10.40 getting to tedious task of upgrade till i reach 5.00.10. While doing so, i notice on the older version that in the "About" menu, my id is shown as Device ID: 431968526 but when I reach the later version, looking at the "About" menu, it is now showing Software Unit ID:1343195372. I don't see the Device ID anymore. The reason I asked about this is because this is required on the subject of the message to PM the Judge once you contribute something worthy for the map updates. I hope somebody can clarify this before i email the Judge for the Angat Town Maps.

Hope to hear from you about this clarification. i will follow this up with the complete map of Angat Town. I just need to get back to 4 more streets to log my tracks on it. It was already late last night and I should have gone there this morning but i found out that my garmin xt crashed by itself. I am almost done with the restoration and hope to be on those streets in an hour. hopefully tonight i will be able to send the .gdb file to the Judge.
    Cheers and more power!thanks!
    ░░ N70º 14.821 E22º 20.847 ░░

Send the latest Software Unit ID# shown on your device to The Judge. Disregard the old one. AFAIK, Device ID is essentially the same as Software Unit ID.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I learned the hard way that when you do a re-install of gmxt the old unit id will be replaced by a new one.

I was testing the gmxt on a 512 mb card it was well and good then I decided to upgrade to an 8GB sd card so naturally I did a reinstall of gmxt. To my surprise, my unit id is now different, hence my old map key no longer works.

To answer the TS' question: unit id, card id, esn id, device id seem to mean the same thing with gmxt. Just keep in mind that gmxt has a tendency to change unit id (and all its aliases) during reinstallation. When I upgraded from 5.00.40 to 5.00.50 though, the unit id remains the same.

Comment

Working...
      X