help with scrable map on garmin xt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with scrable map on garmin xt

Hi everyone, i just want to ask why the map image on garmin xt for symbiam 60v5(5800/n97) when in landscape mode is scrabbled( supposed to be image on the left side of the map is on the right side, and the right sidde of the map is on the left) but when shifted the phone to portrait mode everythings okay? do i need to reinstall another typ file to correct this or is it the garmin xt that has the problem? I have been using the same standard Philippines roadguide map on Nuvi 265 and it has no problem...
    any suggestion? Thanks...

Originally posted by apotski View Post
    Hi everyone, i just want to ask why the map image on garmin xt for symbiam 60v5(5800/n97) when in landscape mode is scrabbled( supposed to be image on the left side of the map is on the right side, and the right sidde of the map is on the left) but when shifted the phone to portrait mode everythings okay? do i need to reinstall another typ file to correct this or is it the garmin xt that has the problem? I have been using the same standard Philippines roadguide map on Nuvi 265 and it has no problem...
    any suggestion? Thanks...
    First time i've heard of this kind of problem. Seen xt in 5800 and it's working fine in either mode. What's your xt version?

Comment

Hi Borgie, I'm using 5.00.50s60.9, this only happens when i'm actually navigating or trying to view map on 3d mode. But on north up and track up it works fine but the image is not on full screen(wide 16:9).By the way, is that normal to just show (4:3) resolution?

Comment

These are screenshots of the image i see on landscape mode...hope someone could help

Comment

Originally posted by apotski View Post
          These are screenshots of the image i see on landscape mode...hope someone could help
          Yes, apparently, only the xt interface is displayed correctly on 16:9 aspect ratio. The map draw on 3d mode is always wrapped to the right side on wide screens because I think xt can only support 480 horizontal resolution. The wider the screen, the bigger the problem. Try to look for newer version of xt, maybe they have corrected this.
          I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Hi Tofu,
            I think the version of XT i'm currently using is already the newest version they have for the symbian 60v5 platform.... So you also experience the same problem? And does this only happen in our Roadguide map or it does too in other mapsets?
            Thank for your kind reply...

Comment

Working...
            X