Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackberry

Dear Sirs/Mams,

I have a blackberry with a built in GPS. I was told to download the garmin software which i did. Do you have a map that will work with this setup? My blackberry model is bold. Thanks guys.

pmgb01

Hi!

The Garmin mobile for the blackberry uses online maps. Meaning, you have to be connected to the internet to use it and they don't have maps for the Phils.

Comment

Originally posted by pmgb01 View Post
      Dear Sirs/Mams,

I have a blackberry with a built in GPS. I was told to download the garmin software which i did. Do you have a map that will work with this setup? My blackberry model is bold. Thanks guys.

pmgb01
      Where did you download your garmin application? is there anyway that i can use it for free?

Comment

Originally posted by gareth85 View Post
        Where did you download your garmin application? is there anyway that i can use it for free?
        be careful on what you ask....read forum rules at bottom of page.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by gareth85 View Post

you have to buy the garmin application from garmin.
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

damn... i just got my blackberry from the company and it has a pre installed garmin v5.0.1 (i think) i tried uploading the roadguide map and its not being recognized.

i didnt know that it uses online map rather than the ones installed. blackberry is no good...

so now i dont hav a choice but to use googlemap with it + gps. my nokia was way better.

Comment

Hi Sir,

I have a Blackberry 9700 loaded with a Garmin 5.0.05. I have successfully loaded the map using the mapsource using the guides on other thread. I also acquired satellites and ready to navigate but I only seen black on the LCD. Did I miss anything on the steps?

Thanks,
              Battlestar

Comment

Up^

I'm ready to navigate but the map won't load on device. Got also a strong signal from satellite, what could be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Battlestar View Post
                  Up^

I'm ready to navigate but the map won't load on device. Got also a strong signal from satellite, what could be wrong?
                  Hi Battlestar. Afaik, only Garmin proprietary maps (US and Europe maps only available?) will work in Blackberry's and the RG map will not be recognized by your device... HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                    Hi Battlestar. Afaik, only Garmin proprietary maps (US and Europe maps only available?) will work in Blackberry's and the RG map will not be recognized by your device... HTH
                    Oh too bad. That's aint fair, why on windows mobile device can recognized the RG map? Anyway, thanks for prompt response.

Comment

good day!

I have a new BLACKBERRY CURVE 8900, i wanted to use the GPS, What are the steps that i should do in order for me to use my gps on my BB?

thanks......

Comment

Originally posted by neil View Post
                        good day!

I have a new BLACKBERRY CURVE 8900, i wanted to use the GPS, What are the steps that i should do in order for me to use my gps on my BB?

thanks......
                        The Garmin Mobile software itself costs $99.99

There is a 7 day trial however, so you can try if it will work for your device.

Simply enter the following link in your BlackBerry browser:http://getmobile.garmin.com/trial

This is the page where the info is taken from. http://www8.garmin.com/mobile/blackberry/trial.jsp
                        The more you ignore me, the closer I get...

Comment

Working...
                        X