Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What phone has the best Sattelite Reception?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What phone has the best Sattelite Reception?

What phone has the best reception?

My E71 requires line of sight for initial satellite lock But when it gets going, it's pretty stable even without much line of sight access...

I havent tried other units tho...

Comment

Originally posted by jaysondin87 View Post
      My E71 requires line of sight for initial satellite lock:
      Is really hard to get a satellite lock during night time? I'm also have problem making it lock when it's cloudy. Is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by w0lvez View Post
        What phone has the best reception?
        hi wolvez,

check this out: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=889

HTH
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

n95 sucks bigtime!!

Comment

the htc tytn2 is good... if u put the garmin program in there

Comment

HTC Touch 3G

With Garmin Mobile XT installed, I get Sat Signal in under 10 seconds
              even when I'm already on the road before I start the Garmin software.
              No problem too when navigating and receiving sms or phone call,after the call the display goes back to the navigation.

Comment

Originally posted by w0lvez View Post
                Is really hard to get a satellite lock during night time? I'm also have problem making it lock when it's cloudy. Is that normal?
                yes sir, same here. pero basta makakuha na sya... pretty stable naman na. kahit ilagay ko na under my jacket or what.

Comment

Originally posted by pong View Post
                  I second to that! it locks in seconds with clear skies.

Comment

Hi,

reason why it takes 3 minutes or more to get satellite reception because of the built in chip A-GPS.But since you are lock in, it works stable but its not acceptable for me waiting for a long time.Same experience here with nokia. Since i bought an external bluetooth GPS like Tomtom wireless GPS it just takes within 30seconds outside of the building. Best solution for smartphones either buy an external SIRF3 or wait till SIRF4 is out to the market.

greets,

nono
                    "music for the road?" @ free-mp3.ph

Comment

Originally posted by pong View Post
                      my experience with tytn2:
                      i was getting lousy reception with mapking
                      operating environment:
                      - outoors and raining or with heavy clouds
                      - certain areas in makati (from pbcom to makati ave) and ortigas

when i installed garmin mobile xt, i've never (not yet) had sat-lock problems...
                      had it running within seconds even during very heavy rain like last nite...
                      i only loose signal in long tunnels but get sat-lock within seconds once im out of the tunnel...
                      GMail behind a proxy [gmlclnt.tk]

Comment

For Windows Mobile phone, regular updating of Quick GPS helps in acquiring satelite signal.

Comment

I have tried Garmin Mobile XT on MyPhone T33 -- seems to work well with this phone.

Comment

Bro for blackberry havent try yet. I have installed garmin application. but dont know how to install road map for metro manila. Can anyone instruct or guide me how to do it.

Comment

Hi fightfighter

Originally posted by fightfighter View Post
                              Bro for blackberry havent try yet. I have installed garmin application. but dont know how to install road map for metro manila. Can anyone instruct or guide me how to do it.
                              Check out the "How to" thread for instructions on how to load maps

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3

Comment

Working...
                              X