Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokia Meamo Os

Hi,

Nokia is not developing Symbiam S60 anymore. More infos about the new Device OS Maemo
    Just wondering if Garmin comes with Updates for this new OS.
    I haven't figure it out yet.

Greets,

nono
    "music for the road?" @ free-mp3.ph

Originally posted by phtraveler View Post
    Hi,

Nokia is not developing Symbiam S60 anymore. More infos about the new Device OS Maemo
    Just wondering if Garmin comes with Updates for this new OS.
    I haven't figure it out yet.

Greets,

nono
    garmin will not make any new versions of mobile xt any more.
    reason : nuvi phone

also why make a program that no one buys...
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

The Maemo is a Linux distro and the Nokia N900 will be the first handset to use it. It's priced at 599 Euros! (about Php42k). I'd bet Infomax will be the first to come out with it in the Phils. and will price it at... 'lemme guess... P85K!

Comment

It says specifically that it's a linux core OS. The question is, how much is this maemo related to linux. There's a possibility that the navigation software on the G60 can run on maemo. Now if nokia would go all out for maemo and garmin wants to be competitive, they should follow the lead. I guess aggressive would be a more appropriate term for that as garmin did quickly update mobile xt to support the 3rd genaration symbian s60 os when n5800 was released.

Besides, the m20 is running on WM 6.1. I would think that garmin will not drop mobile xt for ppc any time soon.
        I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Working...
        X