This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paste the maps (.nm2) to the sdcard root:\NavitelContent\Maps\ folder
    I agree, actually Maps folder should already have been made after you installed, but if it is nothing there, make one. Actually also the maps can be anywhere, you just have to point the software to them and it will index the maps automatically.

TTFN
    Arvin
    Last edited by arvin555; 11-29-2011, 16:55.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
      I agree, actually Maps folder should already have been made after you installed, but if it is not there, make one. Actually also the maps can be anywhere, you just have to point the software to them and it will index the maps automatically.

TTFN
      Arvin
      you can also name your map folder differently.
      i named mine as RG Navitel and is located outside the navitel program folder.

Comment

Tried to install Navitel 3.5, it didn't work on my Samsung s5360 with Android 2.3.6 aka Gingerbread... Though I previously tried Navitel 5.0 and it launched.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk

Comment

Jonell,

Hello! Not sure if you are reporting or asking a question

But yeah you have to use Navitel 5.0++ for Gingerbread! Hey you are using Galaxy "Young" just like me.

If you bought a key for version 3.0 it will still work with 5.0 no sweat.

Version 5.0 and the RG Navitel map will work okay except with a small visual bug where the streets become triangular at certain zoom levels.

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Arvin,

Hoping I could get some info regarding Navitel in Samsung Galaxy Young, that's why I shared my experience as well. Luckily, you're also using the same unit as mine!

So, you're using Navitel 5.0 on your Galaxy Y, is it worth the investment? I'm a little hesitant to buy it for almost $28, although I badly need a GPS application for my Samsung unit, like my Garmin XT on my Nokia E52. I'm inclined to travelling and driving adventure that is why I became interested and engrossed on GPS usage.

Thanks in advance for the info that you'll be sharing!

Jonell

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd say it's well worth your money. Go ahead.

As arvin mentioned, it should work fine except for the roads appearing sort of triangular shape. It would be nice to have it fixed but it doesn't bother me. I don't usually keep my eyes on my phone's (Galaxy S2) screen while driving; I just "listen".

Comment

Agreed with HotIce!

I also think it is a no brainer, well a little bit:

Samsung Galaxy Y is around P5,000 or so (Free sometimes with plan).
                Navitel is $28 or around P1,200 and change
                Total approximately P6,200 to P7,000.

For that you get a nice android phone and a GPS receiver. I normally want dedicated gadgets myself, meaning Garmin Nuvi, Cellphone, etc. but I see my Galaxy Y as a GPS with a Phone, rather than a Phone with GPS, if you understand what I mean. Besides I have another phone for my Globe, which also has navitel

Accuracy is not as great as a dedicated GPSR, display is small as opposed to a dedicated GPSR, but bang for the buck and the other features such as angrybirds, youtube, movie playback, mp3 etc. etc. is more than enough.

As for the triangle thing, I seldom see it now, but maybe I just got used to it already.

TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by hot ice View Post

As arvin mentioned, it should work fine except for the roads appearing sort of triangular shape. It would be nice to have it fixed but it doesn't bother me. I don't usually keep my eyes on my phone's (Galaxy S2) screen while driving; I just "listen".
                  Has the bug been fixed? Has anyone tried it on honeycomb? I have a htc flyer (7 inch tablet) and an lg optimus phone. The upgrade to HC is available for the flyer.

PS I could use sygic but I have no idea how the program or maps compare.

Comment

Please advise

Hi,

Last night, I tried to install Navitel in Nokia X6, all was fine up to the license key.

Since the OS is symbian, can any member share his/her experience in the purchasing of the key...

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Search View Post
                      Has the bug been fixed? Has anyone tried it on honeycomb? I have a htc flyer (7 inch tablet) and an lg optimus phone. The upgrade to HC is available for the flyer.

PS I could use sygic but I have no idea how the program or maps compare.

It runs on Honeycomb, Installed it on a Samsung Tab 8.9.

As for Sygic, only metro manila maps are available for it, and even then, it can't compare to the sheer comprehensiveness of the roadguide map. But Sygic does look a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                        Agreed with HotIce!

I also think it is a no brainer, well a little bit:

Samsung Galaxy Y is around P5,000 or so (Free sometimes with plan).
                        Navitel is $28 or around P1,200 and change
                        Total approximately P6,200 to P7,000.

For that you get a nice android phone and a GPS receiver. I normally want dedicated gadgets myself, meaning Garmin Nuvi, Cellphone, etc. but I see my Galaxy Y as a GPS with a Phone, rather than a Phone with GPS, if you understand what I mean. Besides I have another phone for my Globe, which also has navitel

Accuracy is not as great as a dedicated GPSR, display is small as opposed to a dedicated GPSR, but bang for the buck and the other features such as angrybirds, youtube, movie playback, mp3 etc. etc. is more than enough.

As for the triangle thing, I seldom see it now, but maybe I just got used to it already.

TTFN
                        Arvin
                        It's been a while but many thanks Arvin!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by hot ice View Post

Ok thanks! I'll surely consider this option. And I agree with you, I myself just listen to my Garmin XT on my Nokia E52 when I'm using it.

Many thanks!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Hi Kinyo,

Can you tell us here how did you load the Navitel software to your chinese GPS. Is that the same software for the Windows mobile or there is a Windows CE Navitel? It would be very much appreciated if you could share with us here on how did you manage to do it. Thanks.

Originally posted by kinyo View Post
                            a. iTunes 10.3.1.55
                            b. iOS Version 4.2.1(8C148)
                            c. no idea ... better ask specific questions

If i may add ... just today, my chinese 7-incher which runs a buggy Garmin Mobile XT on Win CE 6 now have Navitel V5 installed on its SDMMC. This time, Maps folder properly contains the RG map. A drive around the block confirms Navitel is working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by jetibs View Post
                              Hi Kinyo,

Can you tell us here how did you load the Navitel software to your chinese GPS. Is that the same software for the Windows mobile or there is a Windows CE Navitel? It would be very much appreciated if you could share with us here on how did you manage to do it. Thanks.

UPDATE !!!!!

- Thanks anyway, I just figured it out and it's working now....

Comment

It's fantastic on my Motorola Xoom with ICS OS!!! Excellente!

Originally posted by warfab View Post
                                v3.5 has been said to be not compatible with gingerbread as I've found out and from checking android and other gps forums. v5 is better for froyo and gingerbread in terms of compatibility. v3.5 is better for those on Eclair and below. AGPS has been turned off and it still FCs (force closes in Android speak).

Anyone with honeycomb on their tablet? How does Navitel 5 look like on your tablet?

Comment

Working...
                                X