Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iloilo Newbies

Hi to all,

I'm from Iloilo City and been here for 3 days in row reading the thread specially the "How to" section. Still confuse with the procedure on how to upload the map in my Nuvi 250 but little by little I started to understand the terms everybody is using here. First question is why is it this error show even my GPS is connected to my PC?

I already install the Training Center
    then the Mapsource 6.15.6
    and the jklinc 5.08

I started to run and discover lot of missing street names, POI and rivers in the map

Hello sir TRACKERS888,

Welcome to Roadguide.

You can download routable map here (gmapsupp.img)
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=6
    copy the gmapsupp.img to your (GPS)GARMIN folder

Also you can send the routable map (jklinc 5.08) using MAPSOURCE
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3
    but copying gmapsupp.img is much simple for me

Also download our demo map 1.07 here
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17

Please refer to demo map 1.07 for your contributions.

Enjoy your stay
    Last edited by malamig; 10-14-2009, 07:37.

Comment

hi trackers888, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay!
      if you have any more questions at all feel free to ask..

Comment

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome Sir malamig and razorspell

Need to read more so I can start tracking and contribute to this VERY useful forum!

Comment

I downloaded the roadguide 1.07 and install but I got an error like below

is this okay?

I'm trying to download again and extract later

Comment

Originally posted by trackers888 View Post
            Hi to all,

I'm from Iloilo City and been here for 3 days in row reading the thread specially the "How to" section. Still confuse with the procedure on how to upload the map in my Nuvi 250 but little by little I started to understand the terms everybody is using here. First question is why is it this error show even my GPS is connected to my PC?

I already install the Training Center
            then the Mapsource 6.15.6
            and the jklinc 5.08

I started to run and discover lot of missing street names, POI and rivers in the map
            Hi trackers888,

Welcome to Roadguide. Good that we have somebody from Iloilo area that will see to it that his area is completely charted. Please continue with your reading the how tos while you wait for the advise from the experts regarding your problem.

Good luck.
            See FAQ for Newbies below
            Click Here

Comment

I downloaded the roadguide 1.07 and install but I got an error like below

is this okay?

I'm trying to download again and extract later
              hi trackers,

did you save first before you run? and if so, please check the size of the file that you save.
              oh btw if you're using kapersky, you have to temporary disable it. (dont worry there's no virus)
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi trackers888 and welcome to Roadguide. Please follow hbt's instructions and update us if you're still unable to install the demo map...

Comment

Originally posted by Roadguide2000 View Post
                  Hi trackers888,

Welcome to Roadguide. Good that we have somebody from Iloilo area that will see to it that his area is completely charted. Please continue with your reading the how tos while you wait for the advise from the experts regarding your problem.

Good luck.
                  Thanks for the welcome roadguide2000

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                    hi trackers,

did you save first before you run? and if so, please check the size of the file that you save.
                    oh btw if you're using kapersky, you have to temporary disable it. (dont worry there's no virus)

Hi HBT,

Finally the roadguide_ph 1.07 SW installed successfully!

My Kaspersky block the installation and delete the file

Download again, disable the kaspersky and re-start the PC. Once PC comes back re-install the roadguide_ph 1.07 with out any problem

Thanks to you too Borgie Sir!

Continue reading how to's aiming tracking and sending file later on Hopefully very SOON

Comment

Help with my Nuvi260 Please

Guys I'm back this time with nuvi260

I follow the same procedure with my nuvi 250 but to no avail, the 260 has error

any idea how to fix this problem?

PS. I update my mapsource with the latest one including the demo map

Comment

step by step procedure of what you did please
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                          step by step procedure of what you did please
                          Hi HBT Sir,

I start from the beginning using my new formatted PC (Vista)

Download and installed the following;
                          TrainingCenter_353 (Garmin)
                          MapSource_6157 (Garmin)
                          Roadguide.ph 1.13g demo map

Check my MapSource and seen the Roadguide.ph 1.13g
                          Plug in the GPS in my PC using USB
                          Send the map to nuvi260 and the unit confirm its done
                          I disconnect the GPS and check if the map will show up but the error above appears (can't unlock map)

I also check the map inside the GPS (map info) but the roadguide demo map was not there.

did I missed something?

Comment

PS. I update my mapsource with the latest one including the demo map
                            are you uploading the demo map on your device?
                            since you are junior member, only the free map v1.07 can be uploaded to your device. demo map serves as reference only while you are jm. once you become contributor, you will be given unlock code to unlock the latest map.

btw, do not use mapsource beyond 6.15.7. pls read this http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1849

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
                              are you uploading the demo map on your device?
                              since you are junior member, only the free map v1.07 can be uploaded to your device. demo map serves as reference only while you are jm. once you become contributor, you will be given unlock code to unlock the latest map.

btw, do not use mapsource beyond 6.15.7. pls read this http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1849

Sorry for the very late reply

I correct the error only today after I remember my Garmin unit again

Thanks doki for your instruction! I revert back the map and the error is now gone

Comment

Working...
                              X