Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie from angeles city

Hi guys!

I'm glenn, just got my NUVI 780 which I have absolutely no idea how to use. and i do hope that you will be patient with me and teach me how to use it.

I wish to contribute a lot to the maps but of course i should learn to get around in using the software first.

my first day and already i hit a snag, i can't seem to download the mapsource 6137.exe file and the training center file for some reason.

tried it in my home last and today at the office. i think the link for mapsource is dead.

help please.

Originally posted by glenngso View Post
    Hi guys!

I'm glenn, just got my NUVI 780 which I have absolutely no idea how to use. and i do hope that you will be patient with me and teach me how to use it.

I wish to contribute a lot to the maps but of course i should learn to get around in using the software first.

my first day and already i hit a snag, i can't seem to download the mapsource 6137.exe file and the training center file for some reason.

tried it in my home last and today at the office. i think the link for mapsource is dead.

help please.

hi glenn.
    welcome to roadguide.
    sorry you are looking for mapsource file. try it again, sometime site is so busy. Remember to save first then run.
    Last edited by Reiji; 01-04-2010, 15:40. Reason: correction
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Hi Glenn and welcome to Roadguide. Please check out the link i posted. If all else fails, then just install the latest mapsource version posted by doki. It'll work although many have commented that it's a tad slower when browsing compared to the v6.137, which many of us say is the best version of mapsource...
      Last edited by doki; 07-21-2010, 22:29.

Comment

hi glenngso, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay! As for the software that you need.. here's a couple of links from download.com and the garmin website. See below. HTH

Training Center
        Ver 3.4.3 http://download.cnet.com/Garmin-Trai...-10999551.html

Map Source
        Ver 6157 - http://www8.garmin.com/software/MapSource_6157.exe (newest version / slow render)

Originally posted by glenngso View Post
        Hi guys!

help please.

Last edited by razorspells; 01-04-2010, 17:55. Reason: searched and corrected the links

Comment

thanks very much sir

Comment

Working...
          X