Newbie from commonwealth ave.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from commonwealth ave.

Hi! I'm jt from commonwealth ave. I just got my Nuvi 255W. I hope I can be a contributor soon, so where do I start?

Originally posted by johnterry View Post
    Hi! I'm jt from commonwealth ave. I just got my Nuvi 255W. I hope I can be a contributor soon, so where do I start?
    Hi johnterry,

Start reading the how to section. There you can find answers to your questions. By the way, a big Welcome from Roadguide.ph. While reading the how tos please don't hesitate to ask for clarification if there is something not clear to you. All our members here are very much welcome to assist you in your inquiries.

Good luck.
    See FAQ for Newbies below
    Click Here

Comment

hello sir johnterry,

contributions are temporarily suspended as sir jan is compiling the contributions for the new version. you're in luck though as a new version is coming up, you will have a new slate to start contributing. for the meantime, start by reading the "how to" section. no need to rush since you won't be able to contribute yet. once satisfied that you have breezed through the "how to's" then gather tracks and waypoints but you can start contributing once the new version is released. and edit your contributions based on the v1.10 version instead of the v1.09 version as previously stated in the "how to" section.
      good luck sir. hope you'll be granted contributor status soon.

Comment

thanks, if I'm using mac, what software do I need to contribute to your maps?

Comment

Hi Jt, welcome to roadguide, pls refer to link below:

http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=603

Comment

you'll need roadtrip, mapmanager, and mapinstall. You will however need bootcamp or a pc machine to run map converter for mac to convert the maps you download here to a workable version in mac. Once that is done, you can work in the mac environment for contributions except when converting 1sec tracks. You'll have to convert those in windows first.

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide johnterry! If you heed the advices given by the pros' above, i believe you're off to a good start. Hope to see your contributions soon...

Comment

welcome to roadguide phils!

while waiting for the new version, please start reading the HOW TO's to help you familiarize more on the regulations. also, try to start saving POI's, street names and updates so you can upload it when able.

have fun navigating
                Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Comment

Working...
                X