Newbie from Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Japan

I am an American working in Japan who finally found a GPS unit in English! It was pricey, cost $500 and was supposed to come with free updates each year! Well, the company (JROAD) went out of business and the maps are seriously out of date. Then I got a smartphone, garmin xt, and a pretty good map of Japan in English but still, the maps need updates. I hope to learn how I can use the tracking data to update the detail maps that I am using from this site. I also travel to the Philippines and hope to use the maps from this site and will contribute and learn.

Thank you to all the hard work put into this cause.

LT

Hey, LT. Welcome to the site.

Start off by reading the How To section. Then, next time you're in-country and have data recorded, you'll know the correct way to upload.

Regards,
    Experiencia Docet

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide LT. The free map from Roadguide is also outdated especially for the metro. But it's still very useful especially if you plan to travel to different parts of the country. The best updated map is the latest v1.09 and the soon to be released v1.10 (you can download the demo map). There are ways to contribute even if you're out of the country. Please check out the threads in this forum that discusses this...

Comment

Working...
      X