Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping To Contribute in Los Baños

Hi,

I'm a student here in Los Baños and i'm hoping to contribute in this area. While looking at the mapsource, i noticed the map is still relatively bare. I'm hoping to borrow my friend's Nokia 5800 to help out in the GPS work. At the mean time, I would like to correct a lot of the waypoints because it is really messy.

At the moment, i'm trying to figure out how to upload corrections that i've made, and how to delete waypoints that are misplaced or don't exist anymore. I've been reading quite a lot from the forum, but it would really help if someone pointed me to the right direction in a few areas..

1) Is there a post on how to upload or what to upload? I understand the "RENAME", "DELETE" words to be part of the name, but when i try to check what is inside so i can do the same thing, it says i have insufficient privileges.

2) There's a "Luzon (13°+) waypoints corrections here for version 1.13" post. Just to clarify, being in Los Baños would mean me posting the corrections here? what does 13°+?

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

Originally posted by DKCN View Post
    Hi,

I'm a student here in Los Baños and i'm hoping to contribute in this area. While looking at the mapsource, i noticed the map is still relatively bare. I'm hoping to borrow my friend's Nokia 5800 to help out in the GPS work. At the mean time, I would like to correct a lot of the waypoints because it is really messy.

At the moment, i'm trying to figure out how to upload corrections that i've made, and how to delete waypoints that are misplaced or don't exist anymore. I've been reading quite a lot from the forum, but it would really help if someone pointed me to the right direction in a few areas..

1) Is there a post on how to upload or what to upload? I understand the "RENAME", "DELETE" words to be part of the name, but when i try to check what is inside so i can do the same thing, it says i have insufficient privileges.

2) There's a "Luzon (13°+) waypoints corrections here for version 1.13" post. Just to clarify, being in Los Baños would mean me posting the corrections here? what does 13°+?

hi. welcome to roadguide.
    13+ refers to degrees. you will see it on mapsource.
    you'll understand more if you read the FAQ for newbies. click link below.

Comment

Originally posted by DKCN View Post
      Hi,

almost all your question will be answered here: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
      X