Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nubie from Mandaluyong

Hello!

I just got my new Nuvi 1390T from InfoMax. I know its lots cheaper out there.
    Initially, my problem is that I cant register my GPS to the Garmin website. I was able to install the communication plug in but I cant perform their test page. I also installed some drivers but still nothing. Am using a Vista home premium edition.

Few observations, I installed a plastic protector and noticed that there are a few letters in the QWERTY board that you have to pressed hard to be typed in properly.. I would like to ask if this is a common comment on 1390T or maybe because of the plastic protector..

Also, I was able to save some new locations.. Am studying now on how I can contribute to the map..

Will post questions later after I do my homework!!!

Gerry

Originally posted by gerryexide View Post
    Hello!

I just got my new Nuvi 1390T from InfoMax. I know its lots cheaper out there.
    Initially, my problem is that I cant register my GPS to the Garmin website. I was able to install the communication plug in but I cant perform their test page. I also installed some drivers but still nothing. Am using a Vista home premium edition.

Few observations, I installed a plastic protector and noticed that there are a few letters in the QWERTY board that you have to pressed hard to be typed in properly.. I would like to ask if this is a common comment on 1390T or maybe because of the plastic protector..

Also, I was able to save some new locations.. Am studying now on how I can contribute to the map..

Will post questions later after I do my homework!!!

Gerry

welcome to roadguide gerry

plastic protector could also be the culprit or maybe you just have to do the screen test. but anyway i'd rather not mess around with the factory settings.
    hope to see your contribution soon
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Welcome to Roaguide Gerry! I'm sure those familiar with the 1390 will be able to answer your queries. In the meantime, please go over the "How to's" so you'll learn how to contribute...

Comment

I also got the 1390t from infomax just last may 5. Very slim unit. :-) thou I haven't figured-out how to "TURN ON" the turn by turn voice prompt of my unit. I tried every setting. I'm thinking maybe the unit is defective or something and maybe I should return it. I'm just curious if you've been able to activate your 1390t's turn by turn voice prompt feature?

Comment

Originally posted by vbactive View Post
          I also got the 1390t from infomax just last may 5. Very slim unit. :-) thou I haven't figured-out how to "TURN ON" the turn by turn voice prompt of my unit. I tried every setting. I'm thinking maybe the unit is defective or something and maybe I should return it. I'm just curious if you've been able to activate your 1390t's turn by turn voice prompt feature?
          i dont have a 1390 but i supposed it should be same with all nuvis.
          go to >>tools>>settings>>language>>voice then select.
          btw, are you using roadguide free map?
          also, 1390 can be use for hands-free calling.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Voice activated 1390T

Originally posted by vbactive View Post
            I havent yet explore this feauture. I am having problem with my Vista Home Premium PC downloading all the software from Garmin. There is a compatibility issue?!! Will advise once ive explore that..

Comment

Working...
            X