Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help pls! Garmin Nuvi 265wt

Hi,
    Just came from uk bought my garmin there. dont know how to make it work here could anyone pls give me the steps or guide me on how to Dl and install philippine maps on my garmin. thanks!

Hi kgcv,

Welcome to roadguide, answers on your querry can be found on newbie corners HOW TO http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Comment

regarding standard map

hi mods, kakayanin din ba ng standard map ang route na MANILA-MINDORO-VISAYAS area kasi uuwi kami ngayong december mag roro kami and roadtrip.....taga bacolod ako residing here in UK.. i love to travel....i might be able to help. mag roro din kami bacolod-cebu-bohol e.......anong ma advise na na pina ka updated and latest na garmin.......i need to buy one pag uwi kasi tomtom gamit ko sa UK hindi naman nagana diyan sa pinas...thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by DeSt@R View Post
        hi mods, kakayanin din ba ng standard map ang route na MANILA-MINDORO-VISAYAS area kasi uuwi kami ngayong december mag roro kami and roadtrip.....taga bacolod ako residing here in UK.. i love to travel....i might be able to help. mag roro din kami bacolod-cebu-bohol e.......anong ma advise na na pina ka updated and latest na garmin.......i need to buy one pag uwi kasi tomtom gamit ko sa UK hindi naman nagana diyan sa pinas...thanks...
        Hi Dest@r
        Welcome to roadguide, yes our standard map version 1.07 will take you home.It is a free map.
        our map is compatible only to garmin gps model.
        since you will be going home on december, plenty of time to read the How to sub forum.
        check this http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2017

you can still contribute data to our map by tracing polygons through Google earth, soon you will become a contributor and will have the benefits of our latest map version.

next time pls. post your comments and queries in English, our site is visited always by other nationalities and we have foreign members too.
        cheers

Comment

hi destar,

welcome to roadguide.

i just would like to share with you some thoughts about what type of unit to buy... a nuvi series or a handheld models. both units can be powered by external source but powering it up by its own batteries, nuvi series can last only upto 5 hours while a handheld unit can last upto 15hours. you can not change the battery of your nuvi since it is enclosed in you unit. a handheld unit uses ordinary penlight or AA battery. in short, nuvi units are most efficient when used along side with a vehicle as a power source.

from here, i guess that would give you somehow a good backgound of gps unit to start with. really depends on your lifetyle, on where you want to use it, etc.

good luck in your unit

sam

Comment

Working...
          X