Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Rizal - Need Help!

Hi!

I downloaded the Mapsource, loaded all regions in PH and was able to successfully send the maps to the Nuvi 1100 that I just purchased. I just restarted the device hoping that I can now search for locations in Manila but wasn't able to do so.

Upon restarting the GPS device, I don't see any PH country / locale. How do I make it work?

Appreciate your kind assistance. Thanks!

Vanderlord

Originally posted by vanderlord View Post
    Hi!

I downloaded the Mapsource, loaded all regions in PH and was able to successfully send the maps to the Nuvi 1100 that I just purchased. I just restarted the device hoping that I can now search for locations in Manila but wasn't able to do so.

Upon restarting the GPS device, I don't see any PH country / locale. How do I make it work?

Appreciate your kind assistance. Thanks!

Vanderlord
    there is no PH country/locale programmed in the nuvi. just pick what suits you best, U.S. for example, then go out in an open space and let your gps get a satellite lock. it should take you a couple of minutes if it is the first time that you boot up your unit. after that, it should show your actual location in the map.

btw, the country/locale initial set-up will determine the settings of your gps like language, units of measurement etc. but these can be changed later if you wish to do so.

Comment

Working...
    X