Newb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb

Hey, I'm Xtyling... Aka Dr. Val.. yes, I'm a doctor not a navigational map wizard. I know a little about the human body and how to fix it. I know less about GPS gadgets and how to map. But with God's grace I grow in knowledge and skill every day.
    God bless!

Originally posted by xtyling View Post
    Hey, I'm Xtyling... Aka Dr. Val.. yes, I'm a doctor not a navigational map wizard. I know a little about the human body and how to fix it. I know less about GPS gadgets and how to map. But with God's grace I grow in knowledge and skill every day.
    God bless!
    welcome to roadguide doc

to get started please read the FAQ for newbies inside the HOW TO thread

hope to see your contribution soon
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

That was a fast reply...

I'm impressed.. looks like some people live in this forum... when do you sleep or eat?

Comment

I'm impressed.. looks like some people live in this forum... when do you sleep or eat?
        sleep.... eat..... whats that?

wait till you get bitten by the bug
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
          sleep.... eat..... whats that?

wait till you get bitten by the bug
          And that bug has no cure doc.
          Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

God bless!
            hi doc,
            welcome to roadguide. they're right doc. this is quite addicting, as evidenced by our master hbt. sleep is not in his vocabulary, (just only mapping and pomelos)

if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

hi doc,

welcome to rg doc! i guess getting no sleep is not a problem for doctors. im sure you're used to it. addiction to contribution increases with each contributions. likewise getting to know how to deal with the gps is not as thick as the medical books. but quite mind blowing at first. hehehe.

welcome again doc. hope to see your contribution soon.

sam

Comment

ability to post threads...

correction... brain fart resolved.. my bad.
                Last edited by xtyling; 09-05-2010, 01:48. Reason: my error...

Comment

Doc, you should be able to post in almost all the forum topics that you can see, except if it is closed by the mods for one reason or another. Usually they close topics if it's an "FAQ" or a "tutorial" and they don't want the thread to be cluttered. Usually topics that are "stickied" are probably closed.

For instance you should be able to post in the "Upload your data" topic http://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26 because that is how you contribute on your way to get an unlock code.

If however you have a question or a problem, just post here in your intro, and we can try to help you with the correct links to the relevant thread or topic, or just answer your question here, just like what I am doing now

Talk about getting bit by the bug, I am replying to your post at 1:47am and just uploaded 2 contribution files

TTFN
                  Arvin
                  Last edited by arvin555; 09-05-2010, 01:50.

Comment

welcome to RG doc. make sure you get on it right away. be mindful of the rules. just keep contributing, you may be of a special help here other than the 'usual' contributions, how about it mods? say you're a medical doctor - how about providing a list of waypoints for RG member's clinics/hospitals/locations, specialty and phone numbers? that way, we could support members and get to know them, sorta an mini-EB? same goes for other professions? we could have a special MC only contact WPs (not necessarily an address) but rather a coded meeting place if an emergency arises from our travels. not for general use.
                    Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                    X