New with GPS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New with GPS...

Hi, just got my GPS (from the web). It doesn't have any model nor brand, but it works fine for me. It runs Garmin and is pre-installed with the 2010 Philippine map. Just a question, how do I update it say for 2011 or any 2010 updates that has happened. Similar to one of the posts here, how do I know that I am using the most updated Philippine map? Thanks in advance...

I will be the first to get to Welcome you... Welcome to Roadguide.ph

Please click on the Link and read the thread, hopefully that should answer almost all your questions.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

It would also be a good idea to try to research or find out exactly what model and brand your GPS is, so that if you encounter problems like how to connect your unit to your computer, you will be able to inform people the model so that they can help you.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Hi Arvin,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I have double checked from the person I bought with, but he said there is no model. Although it comes with a manual which tells all that is needed to connect. I think the unit is made in China (a generic one), but quality wise, I am happy with it... plus I got it a very low, low price...

Let me check the link you mentioned.

Again, thanks alot...

R

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
        I will be the first to get to Welcome you... Welcome to Roadguide.ph

Please click on the Link and read the thread, hopefully that should answer almost all your questions.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

It would also be a good idea to try to research or find out exactly what model and brand your GPS is, so that if you encounter problems like how to connect your unit to your computer, you will be able to inform people the model so that they can help you.

TTFN
        Arvin

Such a very amazing link!
        Thanks you for the post.

Comment

I'm a newbie (nubi)

Hi, I just got a Garmin nuvi 265w from a friend and am looking forward to enjoying it as much as you guys here.
          I still need to get to speed with the terms and usage so I guess I'll be doing a lot of reading in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeric View Post
            Hi, I just got a Garmin nuvi 265w from a friend and am looking forward to enjoying it as much as you guys here.
            I still need to get to speed with the terms and usage so I guess I'll be doing a lot of reading in this forum.

thats a good way to start and also...

welcome to roadguide
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
            X