Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greenhorn Newbie from Quezon City/Caloocan

Hi everybody,

My name is Andrew (recho888). I am a totally newbie. When I was in California, I got a chance to use the navigational system in a Honda Accord and really likes the gps so much I purchased a Garmins Nuvi 205 (because I was told there are road maps of the Philippines for the Garmins GPS). I've used it out of the box while I was in California and it is pretty easy to use. Asked my son to download the Philippine map for me and brought the nuvi 205 home to PI. All I got is a general map no details at all. Been looking for a good road map of Philippines and I found this Garmins GPS Group.

Do you guys meet regularly or is there somebody that can help me get set up? I like to travel and would like to be a contributor. I also belong to the Toyota Innova Yahoo Group and there are quite a few also interested in gps. Thank you very much. My number is 0906-5757-177

Originally posted by recho888 View Post
    Hi everybody,

My name is Andrew (recho888). I am a totally newbie. When I was in California, I got a chance to use the navigational system in a Honda Accord and really likes the gps so much I purchased a Garmins Nuvi 205 (because I was told there are road maps of the Philippines for the Garmins GPS). I've used it out of the box while I was in California and it is pretty easy to use. Asked my son to download the Philippine map for me and brought the nuvi 205 home to PI. All I got is a general map no details at all. Been looking for a good road map of Philippines and I found this Garmins GPS Group.

Do you guys meet regularly or is there somebody that can help me get set up? I like to travel and would like to be a contributor. I also belong to the Toyota Innova Yahoo Group and there are quite a few also interested in gps. Thank you very much. My number is 0906-5757-177
    Hi and welcome!

You can try reading this thread: http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Initially you need to get and install mapsource and the demo map version 1.03. This will help you check your own data and find what is still not in the map (and also find duplicates). If your using a Nuvi, you can save and upload waypoints.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you amf for the information.

Comment

hi and welcome

Comment

Working...
        X