Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a newbie

hi,
    A friend of mine recommended to me to purchase a garmin gps unit when he learned i visited my relatives from the states... medyo alam kasi nya na madali ako maligaw, even dito sa pinas. When I asked him kung ok na ang mga performance ng mga gps dito sa atin and is it updated when he said ok naman coz he is using one, so i bought a garmin unit (nuvi 265wt) and my bro in law installed the north and south american maps.. we tried it at it works... very impressive.
    My questions are, can somebody help me to go about the use of my gps unit here, coz once pa lang namin sinubukan sa states just to test the performance doon. Just wanted to be honest coz im not a tech guy. The maps in my unit is that of N& S america. Di talaga magagamit dito. If somebody could guide me through the steps on how to get started.. it would be a big help.
    waiting for somebody with a samaritan heart. Thanks and God bless

Hi Bobkc,

Welcome to Roadguide!!

First of all, sorry but please post in English, it's forum policy because we have some non tagalog speaking members in the forum.

As for your questions, please visit:
    FAQ for Newbies

The most important thing for you is to get Mapsource going, which means:
    Visit how to get mapsource in Section B and follow the instructions but just keep in mind
    1. Download training center first and then load in your computer.
    2. Download mapsource MAKE SURE IT IS VERSION 6.15.7 ONLY!! Do not download or install any version newer than that!

3. Then download the Free map of Roadguide.

All of the above are linked in the FAQ page I provided above.

4. PLEASE make sure that you backup all your current map in your unit, or else you might lose it when you load the local map, so back them up in another SD card or somewhere else.

Post here if you have any other questions, but please read through the "How to" threads first.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Working...
    X