Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie from valenzuela

Newbie here..
    and just update my gps map few days ago with the standard map..
    and its awesome... thanks for every contributors...
    you guys are GREAT!!!

contribute more and get the more detailed contributor map for free
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I am thinking if i should contribute my GPS data as is.. because even at 5 seconds interval at biking, it has better resolution than 1 seconds interval of a car..

well.. it took us 20+ hours to get from Monumento to Dasol Pangasinan (290km).. if i am going to use a car.. it probably be 4 hours due to traffic.. so the resolution of the GPS data should be somewhat equal..

20+hours (biking) @ 5 seconds interval = 4 hours of driving..

BTW... biking uphill @ 1 seconds interval would look-like a zigzag road.. since we sometimes do stitches style (tahi) on uphill.
      Last edited by Zang1975; 01-07-2011, 12:44.

Comment

best upload the 1 sec. but be sure to identify them as bike trail, paved , unpaved etc. etc....
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Zang1975 View Post
          I am thinking if i should contribute my GPS data as is.. because even at 5 seconds interval at biking, it has better resolution than 1 seconds interval of a car..
          20+hours (biking) @ 5 seconds interval = 4 hours of driving..
          not really. depends on your speed.
          1-sec interval at 60kph is best. that is around 16m interval between points.
          if bike running at around 40kph is recorded at 5-sec interval, you will have around 55m interval.
          that is not accurate considering signal fluctuation.
          Last edited by Reiji; 01-08-2011, 20:31.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
            not really. depends on your speed.
            1-sec interval at 60kph is best. that is around 16m interval between points.
            if bike running at around 40kph is recorded at 5-sec interval, you will have around 55m interval.
            that is not accurate considering signal fluctuation.
            30 kph and beyond needs a little push.. from descending.. in normal cases.. like flat and straight road.. I can run between 10kph to 20kph for hours.. and pushing 30kph to 40kph can be reach for a short while.. say 5 minutes max... i know the numbers... my main concern is how to increase my track log points.. best i come up with is to save current log and clear it when there are split or multiple road... any other ideas on increasing tracklog points? or you GPS autosave when reach the maximum points and create new current tracklog?

Comment

Originally posted by Zang1975 View Post
              30 kph and beyond needs a little push.. from descending.. in normal cases.. like flat and straight road.. I can run between 10kph to 20kph for hours.. and pushing 30kph to 40kph can be reach for a short while.. say 5 minutes max... i know the numbers... my main concern is how to increase my track log points.. best i come up with is to save current log and clear it when there are split or multiple road... any other ideas on increasing tracklog points? or you GPS autosave when reach the maximum points and create new current tracklog?
              opps i thought we are talking motorbikes.
              i dont see any way to increase track log points other than saving it and starting fresh.
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
              X