Telecom Engineer/Newbie in RoadGuide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telecom Engineer/Newbie in RoadGuide

I am an RF Engineer. I have database of maps in .tab form that can be open in mapinfo, globalmapper etc softwares. basically, we need these maps in improving a certain city or area interms of cellular signal quality. I have map but it was surveyed by a private company maybe in 90's. I want to share this with you and ofcourse I want to see all of your updates on this map. for admins of roadguide ph, contact me as soon as you read this.

Originally posted by warlordz08 View Post
    I am an RF Engineer. I have database of maps in .tab form that can be open in mapinfo, globalmapper etc softwares. basically, we need these maps in improving a certain city or area interms of cellular signal quality. I have map but it was surveyed by a private company maybe in 90's. I want to share this with you and ofcourse I want to see all of your updates on this map. for admins of roadguide ph, contact me as soon as you read this.
    welcome to roadguide.
    do you have authority to share those maps?
    if yes can you pls compare it to our latest demo map version 1.21. if those maps are not on it, then we will be gladly accepting it as your contribution.
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Sir, does the one that you gave is on .tab file format? so that i can load it to mapinfo or global mapper. I have the authority to share it with you. it does not affect my job in anycase.. Just want to know if your map is more accurate than my map. Map has decrepancies in areas in central luzon especially on pampanga where Mt. Pinatubo swipe off some roads there.

Comment

Sir, does the one that you gave is on .tab file format? so that i can load it to mapinfo or global mapper. I have the authority to share it with you. it does not affect my job in anycase.. Just want to know if your map is more accurate than my map. Map has decrepancies in areas in central luzon especially on pampanga where Mt. Pinatubo swipe off some roads there.
        sorry its not in .tab format. you have to install mapsource.
        if your map was made in the 90s, definitely roadguide map is better.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

welcome to roadguide, as per sir reijie mentioned 90s map versus to date map of RG is far beyond. feel free to check on our demo map. we are glad to have you here. we can share details and info. by and by you will see the difference. welcome aboard sir

Comment

Maps

I am an RF Engineer. I have database of maps in .tab form that can be open in mapinfo, globalmapper etc softwares. basically, we need these maps in improving a certain city or area interms of cellular signal quality. I have map but it was surveyed by a private company maybe in 90's. I want to share this with you and ofcourse I want to see all of your updates on this map. for admins of RoadGuide ph, contact me as soon as you read this.
            Sir / Ma'am,

Can you please send me the maps. I badly needed some of the maps here in the philippines for our research. Than you very much..

Comment

I am an RF Engineer. I have database of maps in .tab form that can be open in mapinfo, globalmapper etc softwares. basically, we need these maps in improving a certain city or area interms of cellular signal quality. I have map but it was surveyed by a private company maybe in 90's. I want to share this with you and ofcourse I want to see all of your updates on this map. for admins of RoadGuide ph, contact me as soon as you read this.
              Since you are in the cellular industry, I think what you need is not only our RG Map but you will be needing a DEM such as SRTM or GDEM so that you can also determine the line of sight from your cell site. If you are using MAPINFO you will need an extension such as Vertical mapper or ENCOM Discovery to perform the line of sight modeling.
              d1754
              "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
              those who accept it avoid the snares of death
              . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Working...
              X