newbie from QC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie from QC

hi, i have already decided on getting a dedicated GPS unit, rather than a phone combo. i have also decided on the Garmin, though what model is still undecided.

i am getting one for my Dad, who is starting to get Alzheimer.
    thanks,. i'll just be around getting some helpful tips around this site.
    Last edited by tris; 02-16-2011, 18:51.

Originally posted by tris View Post
    hi, i have already decided on getting a dedicated GPS unit, rather than a phone combo. i have also decided on the Garmin, though what model is still undecided.

i am getting one for my Dad, who is starting to get Alzheimer.
    thanks,. i'll just be around getting some helpful tips around this site.

it will depend on your budget, then it depends on where youre using it. (car or motorcycle)

heres something to get you started http://gpstracklog.com/compare/garmi...mparison-chart
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Tris, are you the same Tris in the PHBYC (boat builder's Forum)? Just asking.. anyway welcome to RG.

I hope you are joking about your dad getting Alzheimer's, it is a complicated disease.

As for units, as kuya HBT mentioned there are lots out there and all depends on your budget and your bargain hunting skills. If you have family or friends from the US, usually you can get the best deals there, ebay, amazon, etc. a cousin of mine got a Nuvi unit quite cheaply coz her friends went to the US, bought the garmin to use for sight seeing and planned to sell in ebay after they used it, so my cousin just offered them to buy it outright.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Working...
      X