Newbie from Lucena City, Quezon Province

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Lucena City, Quezon Province

newbie here from lucena city, quezon province.
    just got my 1st gps device when i was in the states last month.
    having one there is really helpful, no need to ask around. just enter the address and you are all set to go.

got a garmin nuvi 1490t. i know that the traffic updates are not useful here, but i like big screen of the 1400 series. =)

hope i can contribute to the map updates here.
    have some roads and establishments im looking at to contribute for our travelers down south.

last time i went home, the connecting road from Star Toll to the SLEX is not yet included in the map update. or maybe i just got an old map update.

anyway, looking forward to meeting you other gps users here.
    have to read up first the long list of "how to"
    =)

Welcome to RG Jappy!

If I am not mistaken the 1490T is bluetooth ready right? You can connect it to a bluetooth phone and you get hands free feature. Not sure if you can connect to bluetooth heaset for say motorbiking and stuff.

I think that what you had or saw was the free RG map ver. 1.07 and it is still the free map and still does not have the interconnection. To see the latest map available download the demo map version 1.24 so you can "drool" at what you can get after you become a contributor. Besides you need it to confirm if your contributions are already existing or not.

If I may suggest, please concentrate on installing Training center and Mapsource (make sure it is 6.15.7 and below only) and then step by step learn how to save and contribute waypoints, then tracks or road names Slow and easy.

I am do not want to come out as bossy or pushy, but I checked the lucena part of RG map and found lots of opportunities if you are Lucena based, I suggest that you might want to look into the street names of streets across the bridge near the St. Ferdinand Memorial park, there are a lot of roads there that still just say rd (no name) if you know their names, man you have a field day getting contributions.

Another street name area great for "Harvesting" contributions are the street names of those subdivisions like River park estates and the nearby areas!

Again please check the latest demo map for ideas on possible areas you can go to and contribute in your area. I just did a run through and by gosh there are so many unnamed streets in your area

Have fun mapping

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

yep, its the one with the BT connectivity. haven't tried to connect the phone and headset yet though.

i still have to read about "Training Center and Mapsource thing" to start my contribution.

i travel back and forth to lucena and manila atleast twice a month.

hopefully i can contribute enough data about street names. there are also some updates on the one way streets within the city.

thanks again for the welcome and the tip.
      =)

Comment

welcome to roadguide.ph

Comment

thanks uargon.
          =)

Comment

Working...
          X