Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Eastern Rizal

Hi everyone!
    I got my GPS (garmin mobile XT running on windows CE 5) a couple of months ago and it has been very very useful in my travels!!!
    However, i noticed that there a lot of roads that are still unnamed... how do we add street names to these roads??? i would like to help in adding the names of these streets that i am familiar with... along with POI's also... How can i do that??
    Thanks very much.

Originally posted by skylab View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I got my GPS (garmin mobile XT running on windows CE 5) a couple of months ago and it has been very very useful in my travels!!!
    However, i noticed that there a lot of roads that are still unnamed... how do we add street names to these roads??? i would like to help in adding the names of these streets that i am familiar with... along with POI's also... How can i do that??
    Thanks very much.
    welcome to roadguide.
    read first our faq for newbie, link below in red.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

welcome to rg skylab
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

welcome skylab look forward to see your contributions

Comment

Originally posted by skylab View Post
          Hi everyone!
          Thanks very much.
          hi. welcome to roadguide.
          as for street names, use waypoint tool. mark both ends of the street and label as "Start Rizal St" and the other end as "End Rizal St". you can even use matching icons (and colors) if you like.

as for poi, just read the waypoint standards and post again if you have questions.

and also read the link posted by kuya reiji as it will answer all other questions you might have in mind.
          good luck.

Comment

Welcome to RG.

To make it easier for you I am posting the link to the road naming topic, though one of the ways to rename was already mentioned by Kuya doki.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1

Actually there is a 3rd way to rename a road I think, it's using the track draw tool, I like this method but isn't standardized yet, should talk to Kuya Reiji about it

You should also read the road naming standard:
            http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=992

Have fun Mapping!!!

Comment

Working...
            X