Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Lakeview

GPS newbie here in Lakeview, Taguig

Using a Nuvi 265W in my car and an Oregon450 on my bike. Would like to be a contributor but completely blind how to go about it. I travel a lot within Metro Manila and across the country so would like to share waypoints I come across. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to RG!

Contributing is not as hard as it sounds, don't worry about it.

Please visit the FAQ or How to Page here:
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

You can ask questions there or you can ask questions in your intro page.

Start with loading mapsource and the latest demo map into your PC. Then look at your area in the demo map, you should be able to identify quite a few items lacking or needing corrections right there! Then go to that place and save waypoints on your GPS.

As you also bike, you might drive to other locations and those are also contribution opportunities.

Be on the look out for things like Points of Interest that are not in the demo map, or in the demo map but not existing in the real world already and also roads that are still unnamed. Gosh there are still quite a lot of roads with no names that you might be able to go and get the name to contribute.

HTH and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Next time there is an EB please also join, you will learn lots of stuff in just one sitting.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

I just browsed through lakeview taguig near Lakeview arcade and found that Camella homes pacific residences still does not have road names for example, also even road names for inside Garden of Memories memorial park, anyway hope you get the picture, just look through the map, those roads that just have Rd in them are potential streets with names that is not yet in the map.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
        I just browsed through lakeview taguig near Lakeview arcade and found that Camella homes pacific residences still does not have road names for example, also even road names for inside Garden of Memories memorial park, anyway hope you get the picture, just look through the map, those roads that just have Rd in them are potential streets with names that is not yet in the map.

TTFN
        Arvin
        @Arvin555,

Been saving POI's on my Nuvi. I'm having problems loading Mapsource on my PC. Tried to follow the instructions in the FAQ's and How to threads here but can't seem to get it work. Sorry for sounding dumb but I need a step by step procedure on how to make Mapsource work on my PC. I already have the Garmin POI loader installed together with the TRaining Center.
        Help please!!!

Comment

Originally posted by divemaster_22 View Post
          @Arvin555,

Been saving POI's on my Nuvi. I'm having problems loading Mapsource on my PC. Tried to follow the instructions in the FAQ's and How to threads here but can't seem to get it work. Sorry for sounding dumb but I need a step by step procedure on how to make Mapsource work on my PC. I already have the Garmin POI loader installed together with the TRaining Center.
          Help please!!!

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....88&postcount=1

Pls be specific what error, difficulties, or does it hang?etc so that the experts guys here could help you fast troubleshooting..

Comment

Yeah as Pyth said, please be specific, it is difficult for us to try to help you if you do not give us the detailed problems that you are experiencing.

Please note that you can now use the latest Mapsource versions.

Please also include OS that you are using and mapsource version that you are trying to load.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

welcome to roadguide!!!

I would like to live as a poorman with lots of money.
              - Pablo Picasso

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                  Yeah as Pyth said, please be specific, it is difficult for us to try to help you if you do not give us the detailed problems that you are experiencing.

Please note that you can now use the latest Mapsource versions.

Please also include OS that you are using and mapsource version that you are trying to load.

TTFN
                  Arvin
                  Got my mapsource working. Been loading POI's on my map. Now, here are the things I need help on:
                  1) How do I name streets? I can only name POI's/waypoints on my map.
                  2) How do I send my waypoints to the mods for my contributions?
                  3) How do i get new maps for my mapsource?

cheers!

Comment

here you go sir.. just follow this link..
                    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

HTH
                    If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

HELP!

Can't upload my waypoints and tracks

Can anyone provide screenshots on top of instructionals??

Comment

Divemaster,

Though your suggestion is a good one, and someone should really do some screenshots, to be able to help you, we need more info (again) on your concern.

"can't upload my waypoints and tracks" I understand, but which stage are you in already?

1. The waypoints are already in a gdb file ready for upload? Or are they still in your GPS?

2. Same thing with tracks, actually there are so many kind of track contributions, 1sec tracks, track rename (from no road name to road name), old road name to new road name, etc.

If you have these in gdb files already, ready for upload, it is quite easy already, but please confirm first which stage of the process are you in now?

TTFN
                        Arvin

Comment

Working...
                        X