new here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here.

Well I'm a newbie here, I got to use GPS since my diamond arrived, around February of this year. I'm using the standard version of the map for navigation and so far it's excellent. Since it's summer, and the students are free (at last!) I got to use GPS to the far reaches if Manila (sad to say, up to Manila pa lang). but still looking forward to maximize its usage.

I'm 18 y/o front Taguig, an IT student at a University is Manila. Hope that the seniors would help me how to contribute to the development of this amazing map!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good to know you found the map excellent. Please read the FAQ's and "How to's" so you'll know what is expected of you if you want to be a contributor to the map. The map is indeed amazing but it will be more amazing if you see your contributions in the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      Hi and welcome to the forum. Good to know you found the map excellent. Please read the FAQ's and "How to's" so you'll know what is expected of you if you want to be a contributor to the map. The map is indeed amazing but it will be more amazing if you see your contributions in the map.
      hehehe.. na amaze lang tlga ako, first time eh.. nung ng-open ako ng garmin (which came with the device) sabi ko whoa! I'm in the map! tska ung mga roads my names. hehe (so much for a newbie).

btw mron nko onting post contributions sa forum, and still ng-eexplore pa for additional contributions na pde ko mai-share.

mron din pla aq city map ng taguig which I got from the city hall, hehe, maybe pde ako mg-correct and mag-add ng waypoints for taguig, including rivers and etc.

question p pla, ung mga polygons ba na iupload are JPEG imgs?. ask lng sa isng contributor kasi ndi ko ma check ung uploads nung iba.. tnx!!

Comment

Originally posted by v0rtex28 View Post
        hehehe.. na amaze lang tlga ako, first time eh.. nung ng-open ako ng garmin (which came with the device) sabi ko whoa! I'm in the map! tska ung mga roads my names. hehe (so much for a newbie).

btw mron nko onting post contributions sa forum, and still ng-eexplore pa for additional contributions na pde ko mai-share.

mron din pla aq city map ng taguig which I got from the city hall, hehe, maybe pde ako mg-correct and mag-add ng waypoints for taguig, including rivers and etc.

question p pla, ung mga polygons ba na iupload are JPEG imgs?. ask lng sa isng contributor kasi ndi ko ma check ung uploads nung iba.. tnx!!
        whereas we do not discourage nor disallow tagalog, we do encourage english as not to scare the porrengers away...

polyons are polygons traced mailnly in google earth or gpsmapedit or such program. not jpg's. hth
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          whereas we do not discourage nor disallow tagalog, we do encourage english as not to scare the porrengers away...

polyons are polygons traced mailnly in google earth or gpsmapedit or such program. not jpg's. hth
          ahhh... okay.. my apologies..

good thing I still need to study english even it's vacation.. haha..

i'll study google earth for now.

Comment

newbie of cavite

hi to all,it's really great to be a member here,i'm glad that a friend of mine introduced me to this site, nice forum,i'm not a techie person but i will learn to be of help to our group by contributing,more power to all.tnx

__________________________________________________ ________________________________
            Hi and welcome but your post should've been posted at the Newbies Corner/Introductions... FYI

Last edited by Borgie; 04-23-2009, 17:08. Reason: wrong section posting

Comment

I know today's Pinoy generation prefers text speech but personally, i would really appreciate if that is not used here. It will alienate some forumers (esp.those not Tagalog speaking, like me for example ). Taglish is okay i think to a certain extent only. But when sharing information, English should be the medium, IMO lang po.

Btw, hope you're enthusiasm will carry you over to major contributor status...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                I know today's Pinoy generation prefers text speech but personally, i would really appreciate if that is not used here. It will alienate some forumers (esp.those not Tagalog speaking, like me for example ). Taglish is okay i think to a certain extent only. But when sharing information, English should be the medium, IMO lang po.

Btw, hope you're enthusiasm will carry you over to major contributor status...

hehe, thanks for the info. I'm very new to forums, shame on me, this is my first time to join an online community(can't believe it myself) 'cause after school, i'm always stucked at home.

hehe, enough on that, thanks again, I also didn't want text speech, i just got used to it 'cause of text friends, hehe (displacement).

a contributor status would be fine but a "major contributor" is way cool!

Comment

hehe, thanks for the info. I'm very new to forums, shame on me, this is my first time to join an online community(can't believe it myself) 'cause after school, i'm always stucked at home.
                  Joining and contributing is one very good reason to get out of the house and explore the outside world. We'll be waiting for your contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                    Joining and contributing is one very good reason to get out of the house and explore the outside world. We'll be waiting for your contributions.
                    sure thing! I'm only stucked at home because of my sister-nanay, hehe..
                    contributions will be coming.

right now i'm exploring a printed city map, at home.. hehe
                    one question though, while exploring and comparing the city map with the maps on mapsource, some streets (in terms of length) are not equal, should they be retraced?

if yes, what tool using MapSource?
                    1. add route?
                    2. add track?

Comment

comparing the city map with the maps on mapsource, some streets (in terms of length) are not equal, should they be retraced?
                      That would be straight copyright infringment and not allowed. Best is take your gps and track it.
                      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                        That would be straight copyright infringment and not allowed. Best is take your gps and track it.
                        sorry i didn't mention earlier I compared the city map (given free to selected city residents for navigation) with the 1.05 full version map..

goal is to correct the tracks for the 1.06 version..

is it okay?

Comment

Most likely that the map you're looking at is not accurate as compared to the map in mapsource, hence the difference in length. Remember that our map is gps referenced and accurate enough to guide you in real time while driving. A basic map does not have to be accurate in its dimensions to be able to use it in the old way of navigating. It should not be compared with the roadguide map in judging the accuracy of our map.
                          Last edited by pokz; 04-23-2009, 19:54.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                            Most likely that the map you're looking at is not accurate as compared to the map in mapsource, hence the difference in length. Remember that our map is gps referenced and accurate enough to guide you while driving.
                            okay.. that maybe is what I have missed, thanks!

guess i really need to go out and log gps data for the tracks.

Comment

okay.. that maybe is what I have missed, thanks!

guess i really need to go out and log gps data for the tracks.
                              Better if you can set your track recording in 1 sec interval.
                              Your track will have better resolution.
                              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                              X