Newbie from Laguna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Laguna

hey guys, I'm a new user of garmin mobile XT. I'll try my best to contribute for the maps. I hope I can find one which is not plotted yet. haha.

more power!!

Welcome to Roadguide!!!

Comment

Welcome to roadguide!

Hi, be sure to get the demo map to check which tracks, waypoints, etc are not yet plotted. The free release map is earlier than the contributors map so you might make a mistake like I did. Again, a warm welcome to you.

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to road-guide. Hope you find everything as useful as I did.

ttyl,
        Ed

Comment

Welcome to RG.

I am almost sure that you will be able to find stuff for you to contribute. Start first by downloading the demo map and a mapping program (mapsource or basecamp) then view the latest demo map in your area, I am sure you will find at least 3 contributions right there. I always tell newbies to start with your own neighborhood because you are the expert in your area and you can even imagine which points of interests are there and which aren't. Plus also make sure to check if a POI might already need to be deleted, it might have transferred, changed name or closed already.

Have fun!
          TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

welcome to roadguide!!!

I would like to live as a poorman with lots of money.
            - Pablo Picasso

Comment

Hi guys and gals of RG!

Sorry to hijack this thread. I didn't want to create new one and this was the first thread I saw which seemed appropriate.

Jobo here from Los Banos, Laguna.

Acquired a Starmobile Crystal recently as an upgrade to my Nokia C6-00 that I had been using for the past two years and was just using Ovi maps for my offline GPS navigation needs.

Its my first Android device (the other unit I am using is the office issued iPhone 3GS) and after a few days of getting familiar with the Android world, I seem to like it better than the current iOS.

I had been perusing the RG forums for a few days now hoping to get some lead as to what app I will use for my smartphone and Navitel looks to be it.

I got Navitel (5.5.1) and the RG standard map running today after digging into several threads for info on how to do so... and as I learn and familiarize myself with using it, I hope to learn more by reading up more threads, share my experiences, and be able to contribute to this project in the near future.

Thanks for putting up this project/site. Quite invaluable to the community.

More power!

Comment

Working...
              X