Mabuhay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mabuhay!

Hi to all! My uncles were mesmerized by the built-in GPS unit that my aunt have in her Sorento. I told them that I'll do some research when I get back to Canada and buy them Garmin units with Phil. map installed. I have a Garmin unit which is more than 7 years old that I still use. Right now I'm just lost with what unit to get them. I'll browse the site a bit more before I'll ask questions but I'm kinda leading towards getting them Garmin Nuvi 265W cause according to the poll posted here, that's what most of the guys in the forum use. That's it for now

Kikoman

Welcome to RG!

Would like to clarify that though the 265W is the most popular amongst the members, it does not automatically mean the best for you or your Uncle. This model is quite old and you can probably buy this from ebay or what not for very very cheap. Then again there are also newer models the Nuvi 1xxx models that will also be quite cheap nowadays, specially in Northern America.

Also please be informed that the Roadguide Free map 1.07, though useable, is a bit dated, in order to fully use the GPS unit you will buy, it is best if you become a contributor and use the latest contributor's map.

Visit the FAQ page first please:
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Comment

Nuvi 50 is a good option.

Comment

welcome to roadguide!!!

I would like to live as a poorman with lots of money.
        - Pablo Picasso

Comment

You may try 2300 or the more upbeat 3760
          Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
          - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Try the Nuvi 3790T

The best in everything!
            Last edited by pyth777; 02-15-2013, 11:49.

Comment

3760T REVIEW HIGHLIGHTS

Functionally identical to the more expensive 3790T, less voice command, 3-D building view, and topographic maps

More than a mere cosmetic overhaul, the 3760T represents a significant upgrade over previous nuvi models

New capacitive multitouch display is almost twice the resolution of older Garmin GPS units

nuRoute technology with trafficTrends and myTrends finally brings a new level of intelligence to GPS routing

Multitouch display, and less than 9 mm thick

A few minor issues aside, the 3760T is very close to a perfect GPS
              Last edited by VFORCE3; 02-15-2013, 15:16.
              Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
              - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Working...
              X