Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie here. been trying to search where to contribute but the "upload your data" doesn't allow me to post there.
    Attached Files

Tours,

I am not sure why you are not able to upload in the upload section, maybe there is a requirement that you post a few times before uploading, but not sure, will wait for confirmation from Admins.

I am unable to download the files you uploaded as what I am using now doesn't have mapsource, but I can already tell you this:

1. When you contribute you are supposed to collect all those waypoints and save them all in just one file.

You can just name it ToursWaypoints1.gdb so that your next waypoint contribution can be tourswaypoints2 or in short toursWP2 or something.

Well I started with 1 but there is no 2nd item, until I am able to check your file, but as I mentioned, please just open all those files one by one, then copy paste all of them into one mapsource file. Yes mapsource will open multiple instance and you can copy and paste into one and save as new file. That is what you submit.

Make sure that your waypoints are on the correct side of the street and that you put a little bit of space between the road and the waypoint icon.

Also if you can figure out the phone number of the establishment, you can include it in as data.

Okay those are my second points already I guess.

Hope this helps, if you have questions, just post, I am sure one of the pogi admins or MCs or Gurus (that may or may not be pogi) will reply to you soon.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Okay wait from the titles of the file that you uploaded, I am guessing that we are in the same general area, I am very familiar with most of your contributions. Itemization again:

1. I know for a fact that the latest map should have Army Navy and Shakey's already. If not I would be hitting my head like this and be a shamed for not updating it myself.

2. Let us assume that I am correct and there was no error that accidentally deleted those POIs from the latest map, then I will now think that you are not using the latest Demo map to check your contributions first.

a. please check if you downloaded the Demo map 2.19 you can download it here: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17

b. Once you install it in your mapsource, open the files that you submitted and check if the waypoint you are trying to contribute is already there. Please note that it could be a little bit further from where you put your marker for it, it does not automatically mean it is wrong, as long as it is within a 5 to 10 meters of actual place and in the correct side of the street.

c. If POI is already there, then delete the file as you don't need to submit it anymore. If you can't find it, then collect all those that are not yet there and then combine in one file and contribute. Try to check upload area already as you have posted several time already.

d. Please take note that we are not only looking for contributions of POIs that are not yet in the map, it is equally important that you also check the demo map for POIs that are there but actually the place has moved or closed already. For example, I am not 100% sure if Exelsior the massage spa is still operational or not, and I think maybe there is a new establishment beside it, that might not be in the map yet, please check.

e. The best way to collect contributions is I think to check the demo map in your area and note which ones are not there yet and which ones have old POIs that should already be deleted. Though please be careful about deletion contributions, because we don't want mistakes that one asks for deletion but it is actually still there! For me if I am not 100% sure that the place is closed or moved, I prefer not to contribute it as deletion until I am 100% sure.

Oh and welcome to RG! Enjoy!!!!

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

will check on this tomorrow and try to clean up my upload. thanks!

Comment

fixed waypoints
          Attached Files

Comment

Still not using the correct computer (at my side) but did you try accessing the upload page? You might be able to upload the file already, unless you really would like someone to "critique" the file first before you want to upload.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

tried earlier before posting the update, still didnt work. will try again.

Comment

no permission to access the page. i can open the thread, view the posts, but cant start a new one.

Comment

Aha!

Maybe that is the problem you are trying to create a new thread? You can't. You should just go here:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3255

Then go to the end of the thread and click reply.

I am checking your file now though, but if you are online you can try to visit the above link and see if you can reply to the thread.

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

Tours,

I was finally able to download your contri file in order to double check your work. I pmed you already please check your private message.

Please do not upload the file yet in uploads file until you read my PM and clean up as suggested, this will make life of our RG Mappers.. easier.

Best regards!
                    Arvin

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandra.zenowicz View Post
                        welcome to roadguide przyjaciel
                        Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
                        - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Working...
                        X