Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here

Good day all,

I am new to this site and thanks that I found this. I a planning to buy my first GPS Garmin 2595LMT here in US and so I wanted to check first if it will work in our country. I have seen people that have the same unit and they have made it to work. Is it going to have the same capabilities if I used the Standard guides like the Real junction View for this unit? What will be the other features that I will not be able to use if I load the Philippine Map. Please let me know especially to those that have used this model already. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to RG!

No Junction View feature in RG Map, no Lane Assist either (if I understand correctly). There are no Traffic info feature here if that unit has Traffic Info function (but this is not a constraints of the map, but just no one is doing traffic info here).

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Thank you for the info Sir Arvin..

One more question.. I cannot download the standard map. Is it a dead link already. I have been trying 2 days now. Please help.. Also can I donate instead of contributing. I am a seaman, I would like to contribute but the limited time I have is my problem. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Bro,

Try this one: for a general Overview

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Comment

Originally posted by comanche23 View Post
          Thank you for the info Sir Arvin..

One more question.. I cannot download the standard map. Is it a dead link already. I have been trying 2 days now. Please help.. Also can I donate instead of contributing. I am a seaman, I would like to contribute but the limited time I have is my problem. Thanks.
          I think donation in exchange of the updated map is tantamount to selling. Sharing a contributors map might results and falls in the to some opportunistic gps seller or leakers who might leak the map to other site for free. Its unethical to share it out of respect of the effort of contributors rg guys here who make lots of effort just to improve the map. I do occasionally sell GPS but i never load my gps with latest map i load instead with a free map with lots of encouraging advice for them to join here and contribute. In that way i feel its a contribution in some way because some contributors here are my buyer then that i encourage to contribute then. There is an option to have an updated map for free, that is to have an osm map. Just google it and you will find it sir.

Comment

Sorry, can't find the proper link, or maybe it is just temporarily down. Hopefully the admins will fix it soon.

Regarding "donations" sorry there really isn't any choice but to contribute, a lot of people use a lot of reasons for not being able to contribute but want the latest map, but other people also prove that no matter what your situation is, you could still contribute. We have a contributor who is also a seaman like you and actually was able to contribute while he was away. He contributed Polygons and stuff. Also if you have a need for a GPS you will surely be able to find stuff to contribute, I mean I am a contributor already but every week I still find somethings in my area to save for contribution.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Good day all,

I am new to this site and thanks that I found this. I a planning to buy my first GPS Garmin 2595LMT here in US and so I wanted to check first if it will work in our country. I have seen people that have the same unit and they have made it to work. Is it going to have the same capabilities if I used the Standard guides like the Real junction View for this unit? What will be the other features that I will not be able to use if I load the Philippine Map. Please let me know especially to those that have used this model already. Thanks in advance.
              I have the same unit here in the Philippines that was also bought from the US. You can not use the Lifetime Map and Traffic (LMT) features here in the Philippines. So if you can buy the basic 2595 then may be it would be cheaper.
              d1754
              "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
              those who accept it avoid the snares of death
              . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

kuya welcome to RG, mine also i have one, in additional 2595LM has Bluetooth, voice command and screen capture (my favorite features)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by dokies; 02-18-2013, 15:50.
                Walang bisyo, TxT lang..

Comment

Thanks for all the information. I asked because I really do not have the time but its okay if I cannot get right now the Contributor Maps and as long as I can use the standard map is okay for me. I only have 1-2 months vacation and from what I have heard you need to contribute not just one. I bought Garmin and thats why I wanted to use it when in Philippines. If not I better buy CarNavi or Vector but I just wanted to use what I have right now.

I do hope that the link can be fix so I can try the standard map and download it.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                    Sorry, can't find the proper link, or maybe it is just temporarily down. Hopefully the admins will fix it soon.

Regarding "donations" sorry there really isn't any choice but to contribute, a lot of people use a lot of reasons for not being able to contribute but want the latest map, but other people also prove that no matter what your situation is, you could still contribute. We have a contributor who is also a seaman like you and actually was able to contribute while he was away. He contributed Polygons and stuff. Also if you have a need for a GPS you will surely be able to find stuff to contribute, I mean I am a contributor already but every week I still find somethings in my area to save for contribution.

TTFN
                    Arvin
                    I honestly am new to this. Maybe if someone is kind enough to teach me on how to contribute even if I am out of the country that will be great.

As a seaman I normally have 1-2 months vacation, adding the time that I need to process all my documents is taking atleast 1-2 weeks of my vacation. Anyhow, I am not going to try and convince anyone. I wanted to try and learn on loading RG maps on my Garmin 2595LMT and now I have 1490T that i just got from ebay I will be happy to have the standar maps until i get the chance to contribute

Comment

I honestly am new to this. Maybe if someone is kind enough to teach me on how to contribute even if I am out of the country that will be great.

As a seaman I normally have 1-2 months vacation, adding the time that I need to process all my documents is taking atleast 1-2 weeks of my vacation. Anyhow, I am not going to try and convince anyone. I wanted to try and learn on loading RG maps on my Garmin 2595LMT and now I have 1490T that i just got from ebay I will be happy to have the standar maps until i get the chance to contribute
                      For you to be able to install map on your 2595 you have to download BASEMAP
                      here.
                      If the RG Standard map is no available you can download a free routable Philippine map here.. Then install it by clicking the exe file

After you download the BASECAMP and install the map connect your 2595 via usb in your computer.

Your device will appear on the right window panel. Right Click and install the map.
                      d1754
                      "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                      those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                      . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

welcome to roadguide!!!

I would like to live as a poorman with lots of money.
                        - Pablo Picasso

Comment

Thanks for the screen capture tip. I was able to activate it in my nuvi 2595LMT.

My unit came from the US and I saw in some posts that if RG and CN are checked as maps, junction view will work. Have your tried this?

Originally posted by dokies View Post
                          kuya welcome to RG, mine also i have one, in additional 2595LM has Bluetooth, voice command and screen capture (my favorite features)

Comment

Working...
                          X